Drawing with Children

spetzi

• Reviewed on Saturday, April 19, 2008
  • Grades Used: 2nd
  • Dates used: 2005
I really wanted to like this program. The BIG problem for me was that the 'system' works when the teacher (that would be ME) also works on her drawing skills. I just didn't have the time to draw and learn all of the techniques. I wanted to warn others that it's teacher intensive not just as an instructor, but as a fellow student.

If you are interested in doing that, I think it's a great approach and would work well for the right situation. I thought the book was well written and the author has a great understanding of children and what makes them tick.

Laura Q

• Reviewed on Tuesday, May 13, 2003
  • Grades Used: K-adult
  • Dates used: 2003-ongoing
We love this program. It will teach you to look at the world through the eyes of an artist, to have a different view of your own ability to draw, and will teach you the techniques you need in order to express your own creativity.

Being creative is only fun if you have the technique to get your mental images down on paper the same way they appear to you in your mind. A systematic art course is often needed for this.

This program works great for homeschoolers or for use in small group (co-op) settings. Don't know anything about art or drawing? No problem. You will learn right along with your children!