The Complete Book of Science

JayKay

• Reviewed on Friday, April 27, 2007
  • Grades Used: 4th-and plan til 6th...
  • Dates used: 2006-present
Okay, if you know me, I REALLY like these books. (See my other post about The Complete Book of US History)..

Very affordable, about $15/book but other deals can be found.
With the Science books I have all 3 levels:
Grades 1-2
Grades 3-4
Grades 5-6
and I use them all. They basially all cover the same topics. From weather, the human body, nutrition, electricity, solar system, animal kingdon...each level gets more involved as you move along.

Again, I use these as my spine for Science and then utilize alot of living books from the library regarding the topic we curently are covering and then we dig deeper into the topic. It does take a little pre-planning and we are doing notebooking as well with the topics in these books.

To me, IF you add living books from the library to these books and DO the acitivities suggested, I personally feel that this is all anyone would need for science up to 6th. My DD is enjoying science, learning alot, and we are having fun. Not to bad coming from a $15 book...Smiles!

CBA Homeschool

• Reviewed on Tuesday, March 6, 2007
  • Dates used: Will be using 07-08
I haven't seen this book yet but I ordered it online at Amazon.com and got a "used" copy (that was never used!) for only $3.00 plus shipping... I hope it turns out as great as it sounds and it will be an incredible bargain for a whole year of science for both of my kids! :) I'll try to remember to post again after we get it, and use it.

Lisa Nelson

• Reviewed on Friday, May 10, 2002
  • Dates used: currently using (2002)
This full-color, reproducible book is great! You can easily find it, I got mine at Walmart, and it costs under $15.00. It has sections on dinosaurs, animals, birds and insects, human body, health, nutrition, plants, solar system, earth, weather, environment, magnets, electricity and simple machines. There are worksheets and teacher instructions for activities and background information. Glossary and answer pages too. It is rare to find a book like this with permission to copy. This means you can use it year after year with a clear conscience!