Early Bird Start up Science

Druanna

• Reviewed on Monday, June 19, 2017
  • Grades Used: 1st
  • Dates used: 2016-2017
Easy to use, some science experiments. I had to have my husband help us build a simple circuit but, honestly, easy to use, basic, fun. Great for this age level.

Jess McC

• Reviewed on Sunday, May 18, 2008
  • Grades Used: K
  • Dates used: 2008
We are really enjoying these books. As the previous reviewer says, these are excellent value; they cover so many topics and take as little as 5 minutes to do - just enough to whet an appetite.

It's worth saying that some parts of them are super-easy, while others involve things such as MAKING a magnet using another magnet. My 5yo found this part hard, but - at such a low price- we've just been picking and choosing. Good scientific modelling. Cute pictures.

The best thing about these is that they give a flavour of so many major areas of science. Whatever your next book will be, your child will probably feel they know something already.

Cindy

• Reviewed on Monday, August 30, 2004
  • Grades Used: Ages 7-9
  • Dates used: 2004
These books are GREAT!!
They are put out by the same people who do Singapore Math.
It says it is appropriate for ages 7-9, but I am using them with my 5 yo who can read fairly well.
There are 4 books, and are fairly inexpensive, about $3.95 a piece.
Each book covers every topic in the science world in bite size chunks. It is great for children who do not like to spend a lot of time on one subject, or you can supplement with library books to dig deeper into a subject, if you child takes an interest. They are full of age appropriate activities, that are both fun, while promoting critical thinking skills. They are very colorful and very easy to use. This is by far the best science program I have seen for young children.