Christian Schools International Science

Lori Dremel

• Reviewed on Monday, July 26, 2004
  • Dates used: 2002-2004
My two children, ages 5 and 7 at the time, have enjoyed this series for a couple of years now. I first stumbled upon them via their website while looking for something akin to Apologia but for the younger set. I liked their approach, and as soon as we began using them our children loved them. The units covered included electricity, birds, reptiles, magnets, weather, and all the usual fare. Information was given in a no-nonsense way, accompanied by experiments and questions. I was not impressed with the organization, as I could see no reason for the chapters to follow in the order they chose; that is weather to be after birds or whatever. But that is a SMALL gripe. It's hard to arrange the chapter order logically, I would imagine. We jumped around a lot! LOL. But we used every bit of knowledge there and we didn't have to supplement very much, though when the children wanted to learn more, I hopped to the internet. All in all, I love this series and HIGHLY recommend it. Easy to understand, yet it doesn't leave anything out, all the while acknowledging God's ultimate will and power in everything.