Destination Math

Ivan Peterson

• Reviewed on Friday, December 7, 2012
  • Grades Used: 3rd
  • Dates used: fall 2012
Fun program for my son. He really likes computer based instructional programs. However, I did feel like a lot of the activites were too easy for him. The program didn't do a good job at finding the correct level of materials.

mommydriver

• Reviewed on Sunday, August 10, 2008
  • Grades Used: 3rd grade
  • Dates used: August 2008
I loved this! My children (ages 8 and 9) had learned some of their multiplication tables already. We started this for something to do in the summer. They did learn all of their multiplication tables in 10 days. (Granted since it was summer we did not do it in 10 consecutive days). My kids loved it also. I would highly recommend this! We are going to order more in the future.

pnijen

• Reviewed on Friday, May 23, 2008
  • Grades Used: 3rd
  • Dates used: 2007
I bought the 10 Days to Addition, Subtraction, and the Multiplication on Ebay with the corresponding wrap-ups and the music CD. My daughter liked it better than flash cards. She liked zooming through the worksheets and doing the wrap-ups. HOWEVER, she was just memorizing the patterns on the wrap-ups and not memorizing the math facts.
The 10 Days program is a good introduction to the facts, but needs to be followed with constant drilling to be of any benefit.

Lisa Nelson

• Reviewed on Friday, May 10, 2002
  • Dates used: a few weeks in 2001
This book looked great, but in reality it moves at a much to fast pace. There a loads of worksheets and is designed to be used with the Learning Wrap-ups system where you wind the string around the plastic boards and check the back to see if it is correct. This method just did not work at all for my daugher. She asked me to just have her memorize the facts. We tried spending more than 10 days, but it still did nothing for her.