Pioneers and Patriots

MayberryMommy

• Reviewed on Monday, March 6, 2017
  • Dates used: 2014-present
This is a keeper. We have read this aloud several times over the past few years. The children enjoy it a lot.

MirandaL_99

• Reviewed on Tuesday, February 2, 2010
  • Grades Used: 3rd to 4th
  • Dates used: 2009-present
We are using this with my fathers world. Although I purchased the curriculum package from them a little younger than I should've and my kids are pretty bored and I have to add a lot to make it interesting, they LOVE this book. Like another poster said her kids beg for more. That's how my kids are. If it were up to them we'd have read the entire thing day one! Even though my teachers manual says not to do the review questions we do anyway! I think it kind of helps them to remember things. But we just do it orally. The stories are fun yet very informative. I like reading it just to find out what happens next. I highly recommend this book!!

bkeefe98

• Reviewed on Thursday, April 16, 2009
  • Grades Used: K & 3rd
  • Dates used: 2008-2009
We have used this book along with the My Father's World. My kids and I have enjoyed it very much. My kids also says "Keep reading!" The stories are educational and entertaining. I very highly recommend it.

laforcewithu

• Reviewed on Friday, July 18, 2008
  • Grades Used: 3rd
  • Dates used: 2006
I really liked this book! It was very interesting to read, and presented history in an entertaining fashion. I really don't believe it's necessary to cram dates and such in children's history. I wanted my son to get a general understanding of how America came to be a nation. I wish American History was this interesting when I was a little girl! This book was a pleasure to read. The tests are a little tough and the study questions at the end of each chapter really are not easily guessed. But, that is good. Definitely worth looking into.