Pentime Handwriting

afptl

• Reviewed on Monday, August 19, 2013
  • Grades Used: 5th to 8th grade
  • Dates used: 2012 2013
I needed something to help my son and daughter write better. I actually started my son in about the 5th grade when he was in 7th. He liked that it was not too overwhelming, and liked coloring with colored pencils the animals. He also learned some facts about them.
We are finishing the series even though he is in high school. Handwriting still needs help and it is helping him spell better copying the words correctly. Will be using this for my son and younger daughter until they finish them up.
I got mine from Christian Light Education and was not expensive. LIke under $10 each!
As a side note, I got the grade 6th for my dad to practice with since he had his stroke. Since it is about animals, it does not seem so childish.
Love the series and really fulfills a need!!

ann @ home

• Reviewed on Wednesday, September 17, 2008
  • Grades Used: 1,3
  • Dates used: 2007,2008
I have used HWT for 2 years and been happy with it. I came across Pentime by accident when I found one at Goodwill of all places. I thought I'd try it when my son was ready to start cursive. The Transitions book was great for him and I liked the extra copywork. The pages were visually appealing too.
My DD did the first book of HWT and then I thought she might like Pentime too so I got the Manuscript book for her and she loves it.

It has tracing letters, tracing words, and writing practice for each lesson.Towards the end of the Manuscript book it starts some copywork which I like.

They both actually ask to do handwriting first because they think it's fun!

It's a great program at a great price. It's one of those hidden homeschool gems.

4wildberries

• Reviewed on Friday, September 21, 2007
  • Grades Used: 6+
  • Dates used: 2007-?
I just HAVE to add my review too---as I just started using this too! What a GREAT and very, very inexpensive program! My son's handwriting has improved so much, I am floored. He enjoys the informational paragraphs he has to copy, he does not complain about the page of copy words that actually have lines that show how many times each word needs to be copied---and YAY---there is print practice too!! I love the fact that this program goes through 8th grade also, as my son has severely bad printing. The clear goals each day are very necessary for my headstrong son----we are definitely going to stick with this one.

srpollitt

• Reviewed on Friday, September 21, 2007
  • Dates used: 2007
I had noticed my 7th gr. dd's handwriting could use improvement. I happened to browse across Pentime in the Rainbow Resource catalog. The price was so reasonable I thought I'd give it a try. We love it!

Perhaps you'd think it weird that I'd still have my 7th grader doing handwriting, but I think handwriting is important, even in our computer saturated age! Ever want to copy down directions or a recipe quickly? Have trouble reading your own handwriting?
How about taking notes on a sermon? Job application? And...how about those handwritten cards and notes? A neatly written card presents respect to the reader and can literally become a keepsake to the receiver! Beautiful handwriting presents such a favorable impression to others!

I was so impressed with the idea that here was a publisher, Pentime, that bothered to create handwriting materials for the older student!

I love that copy passages are about creatures from God's creation or hymns, etc.

Pentime has been one of the items I consider a 'find'...something that is not well known, but works great.

Susan