Geography Songs

skywater

• Reviewed on Wednesday, April 16, 2008
  • Grades Used: 2nd-3rd
  • Dates used: 2006-2007
Our tape died due to overuse! We really enjoyed Geography Songs. I thought the songs were catchy, and I really liked the way in which the composers/musicians tried to emulate the musical styles of the part of the world described in the song.

Laura Q

• Reviewed on Sunday, June 29, 2003
  • Dates used: 2002-2003
I ordered this from Sonlight to help my children learn the locations of countries around the world. The songs on the CD (or tape) are kind of irritating to the adults at first, but don't let that deter you! In the first day, the kids will be singing along while pointing to the countries in the workbook in numbered order at the same time. After just 2 days, both of my children (ages 7 and 5) could sing the songs by heart without the CD, and within a week the oldest could place the name of a country on a map, or name a country pointed out to her. She can still remember all of the songs even back to the first one she learned at the beginning of the school year!

My kids sing these songs in the car, at the grocery store, in their rooms while playing, at the library, everywhere! Many adults are floored that such young children know so many countries - but after watching the program in action, it's not surprising at all anymore to me. It's child's play!