Praise Hymn Bible Series (was Star Light 123)

Druanna

• Reviewed on Monday, June 19, 2017
  • Dates used: 2016-2017
Pretty good. Easy to use. My kid seemed to follow it well. I didn't sing the songs how they suggested for the books of the Bible memorization because, honestly, it's just easier to use the tune of "1 little, 2 little, 3 little Indians" to memorize lists and my kid did just fine. Kind of cool that my 1st grader can (almost ;) ) name all the books of the Bible in order.

mandypurdue

• Reviewed on Friday, April 3, 2009
  • Grades Used: K
  • Dates used: 2007-2008
I did Starlight 1 with my son for Kindergarten and we LOVED this curriculum! I am so glad I decided to try it based on the two reviews I had found. It has projects and other things to help the children remember what they have learned. I loved the explainations and the pictures. My son loved the activites and looked forward to each new one. I love the format of it and the price is great too. The books are no longer called "Starlight". You can still find them on the Praise Hymn website though. You will love this curriculum!!

Pam Hartman

• Reviewed on Monday, April 7, 2003
  • Dates used: 2001-2003
I had to write about this Bible curriculum because it is so wonderful and I only hope that someome will find this review! Star Light 1 (first grade recommendation) begins with the beginning of the O.T. and the beginning of the N.T. Each year progresses chronologically through the Bible,through third grade. Then Fourth through sixth grade begins another series of three books that will start over again with Creation and progress through the Bible on a higher level. This is a great curriculum for kids who have heard many Bible stories in church, AWANA, etc. because they bring out new ways to look at the stories. It is very economical. The teacher's manual is written well enough that you simply read the lesson to the students. The students do various activities in their workbook as the teacher presents the lesson. My daughters have loved these workbooks over the last two years and ask to do more than one lesson (which are usually fairly short). Both of my children have accepted Christ during our Bible time using this curriculum, so I cannot put into words how much it has meant to me. My youngest daughter is actually working in the workbook that is two years above her level, but has not had any problems except in needing help to spell big words. It is very adaptable to siblings of vaious grade levels. If you don't know what to do for Bible, you really should give this a try.

Pam Hartman