Discover 4 Yourself

Tanya Reese

• Reviewed on Monday, August 15, 2005
  • Grades Used: 4th-7th
  • Dates used: since 2004
I love the Kay Arthur studies for kids and so does my son. We began them 2 years ago when was 7. I read the lessons to him and he answered the questions and did the activities. We have done How to study your bible, Lord teach me to pray, and Wrong way Jonah.There are now 13 in the study. We will begin this school year with God what's your name? My plan is go through them together once and then let him go through them again by himself as a self study. We have so injoyed these studies so far. And we both have learned a lot from them.

Kathy

• Reviewed on Tuesday, August 6, 2002
  • Grades Used: 4th-6th
  • Dates used: 2001-2002
My 4th grade & 7th grade daughters really liked these books. They got through 2 books last year, starting out with the How to Study Your Bible, and then did the John study. The books have daily lessons, and teach a lot of life application with good Bible learning. They have other studies too, including one on Jonah, which we'll probably start with this year. They're geared for 4th-6th grade. My 4th grader struggled a bit with the How to Study Your Bible, because it teaches them an inductive way to study your Bible (by hi-lighting or drawing symbols on certain words in the Bible text). It took a bit of concentration to watch for the words that she was supposed to hi-light. But by the time she did the book of John, it was easy for her, and she really enjoyed that book.
I would definitely recommend this series as a fun way to learn God's word.