Bible Study Guide For All Ages

homeschooljess

• Reviewed on Tuesday, September 5, 2017
  • Dates used: 2017
Our family had the chance to put together a Bible Study Guide for All Ages review over the last few weeks and I am so excited to share this program with you. It consists of four separate levels that cover the entire Bible. It is non-denominational so many Christians can use this program in their homeschooling, or as a supplement to lessons they learn in church.

There are four different levels available and you can buy them one-by-one, or all at once. The teaching materials and student pages vary by level and I found them to be very age appropriate.

Bible Study Guide for All Ages Review – Beginner Lessons

Our Bible Study Guide for All Ages review started with my daughter using the Beginner lessons (appropriate for ages 3-6). The Quick Teacher Instructions were incredibly helpful as they provided me with the materials needed and some tips on how to make sure my little learner retained the materials.

Every lesson begins by directing the parent/teacher to the Beginner Time Line, which teaches students simple facts about major people and events within the Bible. This helps kids understand the basics and builds a foundation that will last them for years. The Beginner Time Line includes 34 full-color pictures with one question about each picture. It teaches young students one simple fact about major people within the Bible as well as major events and are extremely well made. My kids are hard on everything (yours too?) and I was appreciative of the quality of these cards. Thick and sturdy – great for little hands.

One thing I really enjoyed about the Beginner lessons are the songs. Our kids love Bible songs and they begged to listen to these songs over and over again. 90 songs are included and they helped my child better understand what she was learning as well as master the concepts I was teaching her.

I did a whole review about it at HowToHomeschool.net. I reviewed each grade level if you want to see more.

bestmomever

• Reviewed on Wednesday, September 19, 2012
  • Grades Used: pre-k-4th
  • Dates used: 2012
We love this Bible study! We have 2 beginners, one primary and one intermediate. I was looking for something we could use with the KJV and this works. The verses on the pages are NIV, but you can read out of your personal Bible and it works great. All the kids love the different activites on the pages, it's not just a boring fill-in-the blank worksheet. We have the wall maps and timelines, so they can look at it whenever they want. Between those and all the review questions we are all learning a lot. Even my 3yr. old is answering the questions. We do one lesson over a 4-day school week. First day is review/ talk about the application that we're looking for/read the chapter in the Bible. Second day is the activity page, with kids taking turns reading out of Bible. Third day is review, map and timeline info. Fourth day is drawing a picture of what the lesson was and copying a verse to go with it. They will have a nice Bible notebook to look back at! I also like that as the kids get older, they can go to the next level of workbook. It's a little pricy to get started, but the maps & timelines are a one-time purchase, as is any teacher's guides. My ONLY complaint is that the workbooks came just stapled at the side and the back page came off of one book the first day. I took them to Office Depot and for $10 had them spiral bound. I have been recommending this to other homeschoolers! We love it!

livingthedream

• Reviewed on Friday, June 11, 2010
  • Grades Used: pre-k - 2nd
  • Dates used: 2010
My kids chant "Bible-Bible"! They love this! We are really learning the Bible. It's fun for them, but not superficial. The "apply it" section is wonderful. I love hearing my kids pray about what is on their hearts. Personally, I would get bored with the same kind of activities all the time, but they don't. So, we will stick with this for as long as they are loving it. Even if it's only two years, we will cover a lot of the Bible; both old and new testaments. This is a fun, do-able, thorough Bible curriculum and I recommend it.

Reenie

• Reviewed on Thursday, March 16, 2006
  • Grades Used: K-12th
  • Dates used: 2004-2005
We used this curriculum over 10 yrs. ago when we first began home educating and worked through the 3 volumes. Then we thought we'd try something else for a change of pace. Nothing we tried was as thorough and easy to use as BSFAA. My children do not do the drawing everyday, they do tire of this part of the curriculum so we simply will color every other unit or so. Even my pre-k child can do this. The review system is the key to the progam, they do not feel like they are "reviewing" since they are asked a variety of questions each day. They seem to retain things better with this system and it is so easy to implement! The memory work is easy to do in addition to a church program you might be doing and if you choose to do the mapwork you will have some geography done. But don't let those little extras scare you, you do not have to use it all, just the Bible alone is what we focus on first and then add in the mapwork if time permits. It is a great guide to use for family devotions or a great Bible class for all your children.