Math 4 Today

B. Carfizzi

• Reviewed on Friday, September 21, 2001
  • Dates used: 2001
This book is a little gem! It is a consumable workbook. It is designed to give skill practice and ask the type of questions that are asked on standardized tests. It is kind of like Daily Grams for Math. Each day the child does 4 problems for 4 days. On the fifth day, they do a test sheet with 10 problems on it. I am using Math-U-See this year. I used Abeka last year and was afraid my son would lose the skills he learned in Abeka last year because Math U See uses a different sequence. The Math 4 Today workbook is just what I needed. It asks questions about money, time, patterns, word problems etc. It also asks questions such as how much does a candy bar cost? (500 dollars, 50 dollars, 5.00 dollars or 50 cents). These are questions that I have not found in my Math curriculum but will be on standardized tests. I wanted my son to be used to answering all types of Math questions even though much of 3rd grade is devoted to multiplication and division. It is published by Good Apple a division of Frank Schaffer Publications. Its about $15.00. No teacher's Manual needed. Great for summer too!