Math It

TLD

• Reviewed on Tuesday, May 12, 2009
  • Grades Used: 3rd - 4th
  • Dates used: 2008-09
We LOVE math it!! My dd just didn't have a good foundation on the math basics and math-it was just the ticket! This program was great for learning the facts fast, and not forgetting them!!
After pulling her from public school and realizing she really needed the very basics, we set aside our Bob Jones math and just did math it for awhile. It worked, after about three months, we were back into our BJU math.
MATH IT is a winner!

AndreaW

• Reviewed on Wednesday, April 2, 2008
  • Dates used: 06-08
A great supplement! I definitely recommend laminating the cards (I used packing tape and trimmed the edges with scissors) The cards are just colored paper and will wear out quickly.

momoflots

• Reviewed on Saturday, July 7, 2007
  • Dates used: 1995-2007
A fun, gimmicky way to learn the math facts, nothing more. Use it as one resource among many. As mentioned, it ignores subtraction and division among other things. If you have unlimited budget, it will be a fun game. Otherwise, there are more economical ways to learn the math facts. My favorite is the book: Times Tables the Fun Way, which has been MUCH more successful with all my children.

barefootmamax4

• Reviewed on Wednesday, August 9, 2006
  • Dates used: 2005-present
I like math-it.
It is not a complete math program, but is basically a game that gets kids to memorize their math facts cold and teaches several math tricks to make mental computing fast.
My kids did not really like the breath holding as a timer, so we used the stove timer. A stopwatch would work fine.
It did indeed help them memorize their math facts. I thought it was pricey for what you get, as anybody who knew what the parts to the game were could make it up with a bit of posterboard and a marker. Best to get secondhand if you can.