In Him All Things Consist

Marni

• Reviewed on Friday, May 13, 2005
  • Dates used: present
Last week at my homeschool support group meeting, our speaker was Craig Rose, he spoke about how we need to integrate the Word into every area of our life and school. Here is a link to his website

His message spoke to my hearts desire, to raise disciples for Christ who have a heart on fire for Jesus. Please check out his website. I highly recommend the book he wrote, In Him All Things Consist: Teaching Christianly Using Biblical Integration,which stems from Colossians 1:17 (In Him all things consist.)

We, as Christian educators, should not relax within our safe environments, but should be diligent to utilize the opportunities provided to train up Spirit-filled students who know how God can use them in each of their respective fields of study-from athletics to acting, from law to literature and from math to ministry. Each field of study needs Christians who really believe they are to be identified with Christ first and their profession second-such as a Christian engineer, a Christian football player, and a Christian playwright. This is similar to how we are recognized by both our first and last names. This will entrench in their minds and in the minds of their peers and colleagues that they are different, set aside, being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable, to God through Jesus Christ (I Peter 2:5)

This book In Him All Things Consist, is written to help educators and parents, bring Christ into every subject, with any curriculum. I highly recommend it. It teaches how to include the Word into every subject, so that ones children will always have a ready answer to those who question the very existence of God.

I Peter 3:15-But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be read always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear. KJV

It is available at

Mr. Rose is available for speaking engagements as well. I could have listen to him for hours, one hour wasn't enough.

I want to train my children now to be strong in the Spirit, grounded in the Word, growing in grace and in the knowledge of their Savior, before they are thrust into the sin filled world.

Josh McDowell writes in his book Beyond Belief to Convictions that *more than* 70% of Christian teens don't believe an absolute moral truth exists, and between 70-80% of Christian students are reportedly turning away from Christianity by the end of their first year in college. I want my children to have a stronger foundation, and be better equipped to be a soldier for Christ.

*That* was why I wanted to homeschool in the first place, but I had lost sight of it. Yes, school safety, academic excellence, curriculum choice, teaching to learning style, are all valid and wonderful reasons to homeschool but that was not my main purpose. I'm fired up and back on track trying to fulfilling my Christ appointed mission in my mission field, my home.

I'm posting this information here as an affordable reference tool that can easily be used with any curriculum.