Prima Latina

• Reviewed on Saturday, August 16, 2014
  • Grades Used: 3rd
  • Dates used: 2012-13
We are not PL fans. :/

My oldest used it his 3rd grade year, and it was dry and boring. There was really nothing interesting about it. The lessons were exactly the same every week, with no variance or new activities thrown in to switch things up at all.
That kid did fine with it, but we switched to another publisher for his 4th grade Latin. I knew there was no way on earth my second would be able to handle PL because of the dullness of it. So we won't be using it again.

3brightkids

• Reviewed on Monday, October 17, 2011
  • Grades Used: 3rd
  • Dates used: 2002
Utilized this program to introduce kids to latin. Enjoyed the experience. The book is written and structured for ease into the latin language. Memoria Press has a wonderful line of latin courses. Programs are structured for parents of little latin knowledge to teach successfully (while learning too ! )
Highly recommend.

agreenfw

• Reviewed on Tuesday, March 30, 2010
  • Grades Used: 2nd & 4th
  • Dates used: 2009-2010
We purchased this program after my older child asked to learn Latin. After spending some time researching various programs, I decided on Prima Latina because of its great reviews, its affordability, and its ease of use.

We have absolutely not been disappointed. I purchased the teacher's guide, two student workbooks, and the pronunciation CD. We spend one week per lesson, and the children have retained nearly everything we've learned. They take turns asking the blessing before meals in Latin!

This program is so easy to use - literally five or ten minutes a day is all it takes. Despite being geared for young children, my 4th grader doesn't feel it babies him.

We are planning on continuing with Latina Christiana I next year, after our positive experience with Prima Latina.

MirandaL_99

• Reviewed on Saturday, March 20, 2010
  • Grades Used: 3-4th
  • Dates used: Present
Of all the curriculum I have purchased we all love this the best. You have the option to purchase the DVD's and I would recommend them. Simply b/c the author "teaches" the class. If you just want to know how to correctly pronounce the words, they have a pronunciation c.d., you could use that and then just teach the class yourself. This is super easy.... well I say that, we're only in week 3. It does get progressively more challenging. There are only about 25 lessons and each lesson covers about 4 pages. The first 2 pages are the new weeks lesson, and the last 2 pages are a little review from previous weeks, and the new lesson review. I am so pleased with this curriculum. There is a sample on their website! We will be going on to Latina Christina next!