Home Science Adventures

alexasthom

• Reviewed on Monday, February 2, 2009
  • Dates used: 2009
These kits are really fun and easy to use. I use them in a co-op and the kids all rave about the project. They come complete with most everything you need. The few things that aren't included are found in your household (like an onion and a slice of bread).

The only con I see is that there isn't really any background info to explain the "whys" of the projects. I have had to do research online to be able to answer my students questions about the different projects. It would be nice to have some background for the parents/teachers who might not have a real background in the subjects taught.

Other than that, I'd say this is excellent material. You and your child will learn alot!

asheepnomore

• Reviewed on Monday, February 4, 2008
  • Grades Used: 3rd
  • Dates used: January 2008-present
My son loves science and loves doing experiments, so when I read a review about this curriculum in Cathy Duffy's Top 100, I knew it would be a good fit for him. Right now we are using Astronomy, Birds and Magnetism. We have both learned a lot and had a fun time in the process, I really do believe that the information sinks in better when they can see it work rather than just reading about it in a book. If your child loves science, then these are worth looking into.

Tracy

• Reviewed on Friday, September 20, 2002
  • Grades Used: 1st - 8th
  • Dates used: still using it with 2nd and 5th graders
These are awesome kits! Your children will love these and beg to use them. We have both of the Home Science Adventure kits: Microscope Explorations, Insects & Light (everything included but an onion and a slice of bread) and Astronomy, Birds & Magnetism (everything included but scissors and a soda bottle). We are not too far into the kits yet but we can tell that each unit will be *FUN*. This is designed for grades 1 - 8. Each kit has over 40 science lessons.
[See Links page for the URL.] Another program we *highly* recommend!