Keystone National High School

ahudnub

• Reviewed on Thursday, July 7, 2016
  • Dates used: Jan 2016 to current
I agree with if you have an unmotivated child, it will be a nightmare. I found this out the hard way. My daughter would just go in and stare at the computer etc. After a couple of months I realized this was not for her. I was pleased that Keystone offered the correspondence courses. We swtiched from the computer to the correspondence , it has been wonderful. For my daughter she need to see it on paper, she loves to write so this is good for her.I will say there is a lot of writing and assignments depending on the teacher.

LAbraham

• Reviewed on Thursday, May 26, 2016
  • Grades Used: 10th-11th Grade
  • Dates used: 2015-2016
Keystone was a bad experience. I should have paid attention to the reviews. My daughter signed up for 6 courses over 2 years but the schoolwork was too easy and uninteresting. It's a money-making machine with no support for students or parents.

I requested assistance from the Keystone "Learning Coach" but she knew less about the program and motivational skills than I did. She showed no concern and had no advice on how to handle the online experience.

I was able to cancel 2 courses and receive a partial refund. But the second time around, NO REFUND because my daughter had not submitted any assignments within 30 days. Keystone will warn you if the student is going too slowly through the course, but will not warn you that there is NO REFUND if there is NO ACTIVITY.

We had a decent experience with George Washington University Online High School, part of the K-12 company. The advisor and administrators were attentive and acted like they cared.

homesmom

• Reviewed on Tuesday, October 21, 2014
  • Dates used: 2013-2014
this was a terible mistake for my son the school was a nightmare come true there was no teacher student interaction at all when my son sent emails about questions on his work they will not anser for at least a week and sometimes will not anwser at all and when it was time for my son to go on to the next grade level he didnt get no email saying if he would go on 9th grade or failed the grade this was such i mistake. i advise not to use the school your child will not exell my son was doing good at first but close to the end of the year he started to fail in some subjects i montitored him to see if he does his work and he was doing it all complete and fairly right all the time i can not explain why his grades dropped

evad

• Reviewed on Tuesday, October 21, 2014
  • Grades Used: 10th-11th
  • Dates used: 2013-2014
My experience with Keystone started like everyone else's. I loved it. It appeared to be the perfect solution! I was home schooled until middle school, then I started to go to public school. I had some issues with a more than creepy teacher in sixth grade and transferred another city over. We were still in the same county as the school I transferred to, which I'll call school "B." I loved school B, and I had an amazing time there. I made a ton of friends and I was really involved in the community. Unfortunately, after trying to move for about 6 years, we hadn't been able to move into the city that the school was in and I was told I could no longer go to the school I loved because I was out of zone. So I went back to school A, then in my sophomore year of high school. I figured I wouldn't be as miserable since it was high school and not middle school. BOY! Was I wrong. I loved school and I was a 4.0 student. My grades started dropping, and I was miserable as ever. So my parents pulled me out and enrolled me in KNHS for math and science; I did history and English with my mother. I was finally enjoying school again but I couldn't stand the fact that whenever I needed help from one of my teachers about a topic, they would dance around the subject in emails and seemingly do everything they could to not help. I figured it was just the teachers, so I decided to try my junior year with one Keystone course and the other three with my mother. Yet again, the same issue. The teacher took three days to a week to email me back on a simple question which I could not continue my work with out (on more than one occasion.) I have a job and I study, so I clearly can't spend a week on ONE assignment. After a week of waiting, I'd finally get an email back. Instead of a simple explanation, he would dance around the bush and not answer the question for another two-three days.
My advice to you, as a student, if you are looking to enroll your student in an online school, beware of Keystone. The courses are outdated, the teachers are unwilling to help, and the teachers are apparently unwilling to realize, while the students are minors, most of us do have jobs and schedules to work around. Let alone the fact that you're paying upwards of $500 per course for a teacher to not teach your student. I un-enrolled in Keystone, but instead of giving my family a refund, we were asked, "Would it be okay if you all made one more payment?" Really?