High School and Beyond

Reply to topic

Search

Statistics (course)

Statistics (course)

I have been researching the nursing admission requirements, and program curriculums, from the possible universities for my dd.

It seems like many of them have their students take statistics as part of their curriculum. So, I am wondering if I could have her take a statistics course for her senior year math.

She would normally be up to Pre-Calculus her senior year, but she struggles, and I'm not sure about her taking that class. Plus, it seems like all the nursing requirements just want to see through algebra 2, anyway.

Has anyone done statistics? Is it difficult? What did you use?

Thanks!

re: Statistics (course)

Statistics is a different kind of math than most of us are used to. I would say that it is harder than algebra but easier than calculus.

My sons completed statistics classes through ALEKS. One son took Business Statistics through Straighterline. A girl at church is taking statistics through our community college. It is a good option for her. She really struggles with math but is managing with a B average. I know Khan Academy has lessons on statistics.

We may take statistics for DDS nursing through dual credit at CC. Otherwise, maybe MathHelp.com offers it.

I agree that statistics is a great course for senior year math. We opted for the community college for this course. If you want an online free option try Saylor.org or Khan Academy.

https://learn.saylor.org/course/ma121

Thanks so much, everyone!

I will look into all of these. I tried doing searches but didn't come up with much.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to High School and Beyond