High School and Beyond

Reply to topic

Search

BJU Online for foreign language

BJU Online for foreign language

Anyone used this? DS, after much discussion and thinking, has decided to learn Spanish instead of German. I took two years of Spanish in high school, and I remember bits and pieces. We also live in Florida, where there are many Spanish speaking folks. We went with the BJU Online option, and I'm hoping it was the right choice...

Anyone used this or have thoughts? We looked at The Learnables, Rosetta Stone, etc...he wanted a tutor, so to speak, so I thought the Online option would be good.

Sherrie

re: BJU Online for foreign language

Well we have already purchased (DVD) and it is in our line up this year. The Spanish course received excellent reviews on the Christian Book Distributors site (better than the French course) so we will be on that boat with you. It is one subject I am really looking forward to this year - they wrote that the instructor is terrific. Hoping to hear from others for input and suggestions!

I have two high school students who are halfway through BJU's Online Spanish 1. We love the teacher!! The lessons are very thorough and presented in a fun way...the pace is just right.
There's also lots of review. The only issue we've had is with the online tests--BJU is picky about accent marks, so I usually adjust the grades based on our goals (vocab & grammar). I had looked into a few Spanish programs before settling on BJU's Online, but it has been worth every cent. We'll continue on with their Spanish 2 program. HTH!

We are also using BJU online for Spanish. I am hoping it goes well. I do like Lifepac Spanish, also.

We used the texts for awhile, not the online versions. I loved their elementary Spanish program, but, the high school was a little dry. Nonetheless, it did the job and was challenging.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to High School and Beyond