High School and Beyond

Reply to topic

Search

Text Book Options in College

re: Text Book Options in College

My husband and 1 child are currently attending college. It really varies by course. Rentals have been the least expensive option and we use them whenever we can. Some courses have required a code for the ebook, with the option for the printed text at additional cost.

oh yeah. the dreaded "access code".

oldest got used book, and then was able to buy the code separately.
then, there's physics 3... only access code this semester apparently.

:)

Thank her for me too!! This semester all 3 classes only had hard copy options but we were really wondering what he would choose when there are options I'd ebooks!

It all came down to weight in the backpack after that 1st semester and trekking across campus. My son now gets ebooks as much as possible. This semester one class professor said his midterms are open textbook book only, no electronic devices, computers, tablets allowed. So just 2 weeks ago we found it on Amazon.com and he had the book in hand. (Computer Science)

We don't rent due to fact if son's backpack gets drenched in rain or a drink is spilled during study time, we don't have to replace the book.

interesting on how we all decide :)

at my dd's college, if you rent and something happens to the book, you can just pay the difference from rental price to used price. they still let you do some writing and highlighting without a penalty.

although that was a nagging concern with me with our amazon rental. what if???? but that worked out.

yeah, just one more semester of undergrad book as far as I know. (please finish on time and don't flunk out!)

Reply to topic

Search

Return to High School and Beyond