High School and Beyond

Reply to topic

Search

Literature on a Transcript

Literature on a Transcript

If I do something like BJU American Literature I can put "American Literature" on the transcript and same thing for "British Literature", but what if I do a non-specific literature course like Illuminating Literature: When Worlds Collide? Do I just put "10th Grade Literature" or "Sophomore Literature"?
Are colleges going to be looking for "World, American, British, etc." labels?
We did "Ancient Literature" in 9th and so that is what I put on the transcript so far.

Or should I not list Literature by itself and just include it with the English credit and then explain what he did in the course description for the literature part of English?
Although then he is not getting a full credit for literature and the main stream curriculums say they are worth 1 credit.

Thx!

This post was edited on Jul 13, 2017 05:30 PM

re: Literature on a Transcript

My teens did Abeka Literature, but on the transcript I just listed:

English 9
English 10
English 11
English 12

I combined the literature with composition, grammar, novel reading, (and for a couple years vocabulary) to make up the English grade.

Where I live, group schools just list English 9, 10, 11, 12. Homeschoolers tend to follow that example but some people prefer to do it other ways.

Here's a link to multiple valid ways that are common in our area. click and then open the English section.
http://www.homelifeacademy.com/course-titles/

My daughters were admitted to college with it just listed as English 9, 10, 11, 12. We didn't even have to provide course descriptions to the colleges. However, I did make one short paragraph course descriptions along the way where it said ancient, world, american or brit lit emphasis. I basically copy and pasted from curriculum provider website for what they used in their description (and the company was ok with me using their words like that.)

Remember on that link it is just suggestions and recommendations to see that there is variety out there.

Great! Thx ladies!

Yes, you can do it either way. Colleges list it by name, so you can too. High schools often list it as 1, 2, 3, and 4 or 9, 10, 11 and 12, so yes, you have that option too. :)

Reply to topic

Search

Return to High School and Beyond