High School and Beyond

Reply to topic

Search

Need suggestions for World Geography

Need suggestions for World Geography

Looking for suggestions for DD for 9th grade World Geography. We were originally planning on using A Beka, but realized it's just one semester. So, if we use it, I will need to supplement as I want to give her one full credit for World Geography. Needing suggestions on what to supplement with OR an entirely different program that is a full year course. Thank you!

re: Need suggestions for World Geography

Look at BJU's Cultural Geography. Using it with their activity book makes it even more meaty.

Michelle 32

ACE has a World Geography for 9th that is a full year. My dd learned a TON from that course.

If you end up getting it, though, I HIGHLY recommend buying some inexpensive laminated, dry erase outline maps of the continent's. ACE expects the student to draw them free hand, and then each day add more things to them. We saved one step by buying the outlines of the continent's only from RR. My Dd was in tears until I did that simple step.

Thank you! I will look into both.

What would I need for BJU Cultural Geography?

We've never tried ACE before... how interesting is it compared to other curriculums? We've used mostly A Beka.

Well....it's Geography so it isn't super interesting....Lol.

I'm sure Abeka has better pictures at least. Abeka always has the best photographs in their books.

When my daughter did it, she liked all the mapwork and she was constantly telling me little facts about different countries and cultures.She actually learned a lot from that course. The nice thing about ACE is you can 1.) See samples online at c b d . C o m
And 2.) Order just the first Pace and see how it goes. The paces are around $4 each, so if it isn't a hit you aren't out much.

If we could post pictures on here I would go dig it out and post some samples for you.

I just wanted to add.....

I am planning on using the ACE geography this year for my 9th grader and pacesuccess.net has a great download of the maps that line up with the paces. It is only $8. I just bought it today! The guy that has the site also has lots of pace tips and etc. Just thought I'd let you know, in case you decide on the ACE.

fun@home

Great, thank you for the suggestion. It's definitely a great option from what I can see! I didn't realize until now that there really aren't too many high school geography options.

Fun@home, that site has some great resources! We would have loved to have had those maps a few years ago! I bookmarked it. Thanks for sharing it. :)

Reply to topic

Search

Return to High School and Beyond