High School and Beyond

Reply to topic

Search

CLEP Pass! American Government

CLEP Pass! American Government

Celebrate with me! My oldest scholar passed American Government CLEP test this morning. She earned high school credit for the course and 3 college credits. We purchased about $50 worth of study materials and the test was $80. The equivalent class at the community college costs $453 + textbook.

Here's what she used to study:
REA CLEP Prep book which includes practice test
Barrons AP US Government & Politics Flash cards
Crash Course videos -- free on You Tube -- these don't appeal to me at all, but she says they helped her

re: CLEP Pass! American Government

I'll happy dance with you!!!!!

oh yeah!

(I'm curious and seems timing to ask: which college does she hope to transfer it to ? ok if you don't know yet.. don't want to take away from the happy dance moment)

That's great news!

CLEP tests are a great way to get college credit and save money. These days, you often can't even buy the textbook for a college course for what a CLEP test costs.

ChaChing!

cbollin,

The community college where she is attending for her senior year will accept the CLEP and 2 of the 3 universities that she is interested in will also accept this test. If she does end up at the more elite university, I still think it was worth her time and effort since it counts on her high school transcript.

Next she's going to take the American History I CLEP.

full of happy dance with you! fun to hear the college hopes and plans too. so exciting!!!! and agreeing with you that it's worth it. happy happy!

Reply to topic

Search

Return to High School and Beyond