High School and Beyond

Reply to topic

Search

Physical Science for 9th grade?

re: Physical Science for 9th grade?

My 4 teens have loved physical science in 9th from A Beka. They found it fascinating, and they loved the format of the book itself, too, with all the photos, charts, etc. Hope that helps!

M4J, don't you use the DVD/online lessons, though? I read in another group somewhere that Abeka's high school science is best done with the virtual teacher because a lot is left out of the book. Do you think that's true?

Crystal, I'll check into those other ideas you mentioned. Thanks!

That's true, Kayrenee, we do use their DVDs. I'd really recommend the DVDs for sure for biology and chemistry and physics. For physical science, though, if you are strong in math (or your daughter, as well), the book alone would be doable. However, the DVDs include the labs, and without them, the course wouldn't be as "rich" (well, just my opinion), so then you'd have to get a kit or piece one together and it would get (maybe) more complicated and fussy. (They do have a lab-only DVD option that doesn't require any enrollment, though, if you decided to go that route.) Hope that helps!

(I almost feel like I over-complicated it or didn't explain well......sorry! Ask me if I can clarify.)

No, you weren't complicated, M4J. I gotcha'. Thanks! I'll think on that.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to High School and Beyond