High School and Beyond

Reply to topic

Search

Is there a Unit Study style World History for high school?

Is there a Unit Study style World History for high school?

title says it all
TIA

re: Is there a Unit Study style World History for high school?

Diana Waring's history revealed curriculum might fit the bill.

thanks, I will look into it more.

Notgrass could be considered unit study in my opinion. Especially with added books and maybe a little extra projects, and etc. Just an idea!

fun@home

Layers of Learning has this for all ages. Older students have more in depth books than younger ones.

toniinms,
ooooh, I think this is more of what I was looking for. Thank you! I will be spending some time exploring this.

Glad I could help!

MorningSong, did you figure it out yet?

I was going suggest Notgrass, too. That's essentially what My Father's World has done with it... using Notgrass as a "spine" and then adding lots of other stuff and spreading it out over two years. You could do the same if you wanted to use different materials than what MFW has included.

Is your high schooler a girl or boy? If a girl, maybe you could look at Where the Brook and River Meet, which offers some World History credit as part of the whole thing. Now in MY opinion (and both of my daughters'), it's not really *enough* history. So maybe you could add another history, or history-like spine to it if you want to. By "history-like", I mean maybe using a voluminous piece of literature such a living book that Charlotte Mason would use, something that would take a good chunk -- or all -- of the year to complete.

You could even pick a large piece of literature and base the whole year around that book, rather than a "textbook". Just depends on your student's style and preference. This would make it a lot like Five in a Row, except at the high school level.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to High School and Beyond