Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Tax Write-offs

Tax Write-offs

I'm just wondering if there are any fine-print tax write-offs that any of you are using this year.

AZ give a deduction or write-off whatever the term is for medications. For 2008 we have kept every receipt for every med we've bought from sudafed, tylenol to my ridiculous amount of asthma meds.

re: Tax Write-offs

I'm pretty sure my parents are able to claim the tithes/offerings of all of their "dependents" (aka me and my little brother and sister)...at least, I'm pretty sure they can. They did last year as far as I know....

I "own" my own business (well not really--I'm a freelance writer but for tax purposes--kind of the same thing.) So my laptop is deductible, and I take a home office deduction. My internet connection is deductable and a certain percentage of the electricity in our home (the part that it takes to "light" my office), along with any books, magazines etc. I buy for research.

We also save our receipts and deduct sales tax and we line item deduct any gifts in kind items that we donate over the course of the year. Since I always have girls growing out of their clothing, we actually are able to deduct a significant portion of that money.

DH deducts gas to get to work. . .

I love tax season! We always get a very sizeable return.

i use turbo tax and between that and my Lasser's tax guide, i can usually find every single deduction known to man. :)

Since we sold our big house in Arkansas, this will be my last year of having household employees. You don't get to deduct their salary, but you do get to deduct their Unemployment and FICA taxes. Next year we'll just have the regular deductions. We do have a home office exclusively used in business, but we don't claim it because we can't afford the time lost if we were to be audited. We do have many other business expenses, however, that we claim like license fees, professional association dues, C.M.E. expenses, etc.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat