Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

re: re: re: re: Wooops I gave you the wrong Bible verse...it was Mark 10 vs 15 that speaks of infant faith...

Wooops I gave you the wrong Bible verse...it was Mark 10 vs 15 that speaks of infant faith...

Mark 10:15, "Whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a paidion (little one, infant, nursing child) will by no means enter it."

Mark 10:15New International Version (NIV)
15 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”

re: Wooops I gave you the wrong Bible verse...it was Mark 10 vs 15 that speaks of infant faith...

Mark 10:15New International Version (NIV)
15 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”
--------

What I see there, Lizbeth, is Jesus saying that people must be humble *like a little child*, tender-hearted, teachable, willing to listen and learn, in order to receive the kingdom of God.

It reminds me of the verse which says that God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.

Eta: Also the verse where Jesus spoke of the camel going through the eye of a needle.

An infant cannot respond to the Gospel and be born again. One must be able to think and reason, to be aware of one's sin and come to repentance with godly sorrow, in order to do that.

This is seen in the NT from Matthew to Revelation. There's not one word or scene where infants are baptized because they've repented of sin and have been born again, becoming new creations in Christ Jesus in whom the old things are passed away and everything is new.

This post was edited on Nov 07, 2017 04:49 PM

re: Wooops I gave you the wrong Bible verse...it was Mark 10 vs 15 that speaks of infant faith...

"As an infant", if Christ meant something else he would have said it, it is a critique of how grown ups will use logic and reason and are more stubborn than an innocent nursing infant who has received the kingdom of God.

If Christ meant something else he would have said it, it is a direct comparison between how infants receive the kingdom of God and how jaded adults are prone to rejecting it in their foolishness.

If faith is a free gift, than an infant gets it too! (God adopted Jews through circumcision on the 8th day and the bible clearly says that" Baptism is circumcision done with out hands". And "Baptism now saves you", ... and "this promise is for you and your children".)

It takes a complicated and sophisticated adult to reject it this freely given gift.

This post was edited on Nov 08, 2017 07:39 AM

re: re: Wooops I gave you the wrong Bible verse...it was Mark 10 vs 15 that speaks of infant faith...

It takes a complicated and sophisticated adult to reject it this freely given gift.

^^^

Only the broad paintbrushes were for sale? You've got some Christian brethren across this land and in others who are humble, simple, Godly believers who don't share your doctrinal beliefs. Just because someone doesn't share your beliefs does not make them complicated and sophisticated.

re: re: Wooops I gave you the wrong Bible verse...it was Mark 10 vs 15 that speaks of infant faith...

My friend, I am *not* saying any Christian out there is not a Christian!!!

: )

(This is an imperfect medium in which to discuss complex things, you have misunderstood what I said.)

I am *saying* our *faith* which is ***certain*** and is a **free gift from God** ( but *some* reject it), and the verses I shared shows that God gives ***even*** to your children,

He compares adults to the children who have already received.
(Because they have heard the word of God and we are taught clearly in the Bible that faith comes through the preaching of the Word of God.)

God wills that all be saved He offers his gift to all and when Christ compares the adult to children it is to teach that Adults are the ones who have more*** difficulty believing**** and that they are the ones who could reject Christ, (and that would be because we use things like logic and philosophy and science to say these things don't make sense and are not true)

Please, when you get offended by me, please try to reread and wonder if you understanding my point. I am not painting Christians with a broad brush, I am speaking about those who reject, and obviously if you are a Christian you have not rejected Christ.

If you were not offended I am sorry for using the wrong word.
I am trying to discuss a main point, but so often on here we get "lost in the weeds" on other things here. but as I said this is an imperfect medium for real communication on complex topics.

came back to cut some scraps I left at the bottom of the post...lol

This post was edited on Nov 08, 2017 09:46 AM

re: re: re: Wooops I gave you the wrong Bible verse...it was Mark 10 vs 15 that speaks of infant faith...

Lizbeth:

M4J:
Only the broad paintbrushes were for sale? You've got some Christian brethren across this land and in others who are humble, simple, Godly believers who don't share your doctrinal beliefs. Just because someone doesn't share your beliefs does not make them complicated and sophisticated.

Lizbeth:
My friend, I am *not* saying any Christian out there is not a Christian!!!

: )

--------------------------------

I'm not sure where in my short reply I say that you're saying any Christian out there isn't a Christian.

What I *am* saying is that it SOUNDS to me as if you're saying that IF a Christian doesn't believe as you've shared here, that Christian is being complicated and sophisticated.

Did you mean that if a non-believer isn't saved, that person (non-believer) is complicated and sophisticated?

And no, offense is not a part of this discussion.

I was literally surprised to hear that everyone who doesn't believe according to your beliefs is complicated and sophisticated. (but maybe I didn't read it correctly.)

This post was edited on Nov 08, 2017 10:00 AM

re: re: re: Wooops I gave you the wrong Bible verse...it was Mark 10 vs 15 that speaks of infant faith...

but as I said this is an imperfect medium for real communication on complex topics.

^^^^

:o)

Totally understand! It really is. We do our best......

:o)

I hope in Heaven we can figure out who we are, without HSR buttons!

My friend, I am sorry I have described wrongly what you said, you thought I said.

I tried to clear it up by saying I was not saying that, but described that wrong too and I am sorry about that.

You have faith, all Christians have faith in our Christ, therefore you have already" received the kingdom of God" as the verse is speaking about.

The verse explains for us the difficulty that adults, who do not have faith, have. The difficulty is that they are not like the children who have received the kingdom of God.

Children are more accepting. But the verse tells us in the Greek that nursing infants have received the kingdom of God and that adults are to be like them (if they haven't already received the kingdom of God which is our Faith in Christ.)

It is basic grammar.

If I tell my child, I want you to play basketball like Michael Jordan, with in that sentence is the clear fact that Jordan plays basketball.

So too when Christ compare adults to infants, what is clear in that is that infants have it, have received the kingdom of God, have faith.

This is good news for those who worry about their small children if they,the children hear the word of God(church) they too are under the promise that the Faith comes from hearing and hearing the word of God. There is no age limit.

Just as our loving God adopted the Jewish children in to his family so too our loving Lord loves your children, even your infants!

All good news, words of comfort but your salvation is not dependent on you accepting that verse.

YOu, all who believe in Christy still go to heaven even if you don't believe that infants can have faith.

:)

Is not very interesting that Christ would speak about nursing infants and that adults should be like them?

This post was edited on Nov 08, 2017 10:16 AM

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat