Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Getting rid of stuff

re: Getting rid of stuff

minimalist in a real sense

^^^

Those "real" minimalists' homes/apartments don't even look "spartan" to me, but stark, sometimes prison-like. It seems that if a "cluttered house" is one end of the pendulum, they've swung to the opposite end, rather than finding some happy medium.

:)

But....that's just my opinion. I guess it's comfortable for them.

Mommy4Jesus, I noticed that as well. I like the idea of minimalism and am trying to do my own version of that, because I also like a pretty house. I think what I am going for is more of a really pretty staged house, lol. You know how people stage their homes to sell. They are really pretty, but without clutter and unnecessary things everywhere. I hope that makes sense.

Yes oh yes! That makes sense to me! :) That's my goal for the spaces in my house, too.

Do you like browsing Pinterest for ideas? :) I get a lot of ideas there!

I love pinterest! What should I search for on pinterest for that?

Just whatever you'd like to! :)

tranquil home
tranquil pretty living room
neat uncluttered family room
relaxing clean lines bedroom
etc.
etc.

The sky's the limit. :) (You'll end up with even more options.)

Awesome, thank you!

"managing stuff all day"; I find I do this on my off days and it's such a waste.
I've been getting rid of alot of (non) precious stuff in recent months. I don't want to spend my time "maintaining stuff". On the other hand, that makes our home look rather Spartan; it's not cutesy and full of decor.

Yes, we are minimalists here. Actually, my dd just wrote a paper on this for her College writing class LOL.

We have had to be. I can’t take clutter (grew up in a very cluttered home) and our living space is just under 1200 sq feet with 8 people. So I am pretty bare boned here.

I think my kids have embraced it pretty well, although sometimes they mention how they will live or what they will have when they move out, but they always seem at peace and happy to be home, so that is good.

Pretty much every thing I own is functional or I love it, and we generally stick to the one in, one out rule. We slip up sometimes, but it becomes obvious almost immediately, and we self correct.
Our home is very small LOL

(But any of you is always welcome if you are ever in the neighborhood, and I would love to meet you and share some coffee and dessert)

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat