Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Any other Aldi fans?

re: Any other Aldi fans?

When I read the title, I thought shoes. Lol. We just have small town grocery stores, 2 stores, in town.

I haven't seen prices like those listed in the OP at our local Aldi stores in a looooooooong time. Are they having a (re) grand opening?

We love fall cooking too. :) I made beef stew in the crock pot (I found a recipe last year, and we love it), and we had one of dh's favorite meals last night: country fried cubed steak w/gravy, rice (brown), and butter peas -- the only meal where I fry anything.

Our weather has been very changeable lately. We've had hot days, cooooold days, and some in between. The forecast is for a southern nor'easter this coming weekend, so I'm thinking a pot of beef/veggie soup w/cornbread, another of dh's favorites. And then a pot of chili with hotdogs and sides.

Ours was remodeled as well. I get some of my groceries there every week, but not everything.

I'm actually heading there in a couple hours to pick up a turkey (Butterball for .99/lb) and ham for Thanksgiving. They also have bags of cranberries for .89 and 3lb bags of sweet potatoes for .99!

The sweet potatoes, yes! I got two bags, and ours were 89 cents each LOL. They are smallish potatoes but who cares? We eat the skin and all.

I love their saltine crackers - a huge box for 85 cents and their canned corn/peas/green beans 49 cents.

Also, their cheese blocks $1.69.

Very affordable!

I watch the Aldi ads every week and sometimes get produce there. WM usually has yams for 25 cents/lb. the week before Thanksgiving, so I haven't bought those yet.

A local grocery (regional) has Honeysuckle turkeys on sale at 48 cents/lb., plus veterans (dh) could save 10% off that on Veterans Day (last Saturday).

We prefer Honeysuckle to Butterball, as we have found it to be juicier and have more flavor. So we watch for sales on Honeysuckle turkeys.

One just opened in reasonable driving distance near me. I haven't been yet, as it's been covered up with folks for over a week now.
I'm not going to wait much longer because I am curious and want to save!

Anyone with nut allergies buy any of their stuff?? My son is peanut allergic.

fun@home

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat