Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Any other Aldi fans?

Any other Aldi fans?

Our Aldi store was recently remodeled and I am hooked on shopping there! The aisles are twice as wide as they were, the carts are larger, and the same great prices. There were some really good deals this week:

baby carrots - .49/lb
yukon gold potatoes - .99/5lbs
yellow onions - .79/3lbs
chicken leg quarters - .47/lb
large eggs - .47/dozen

I stocked up on various dried beans and a 10lb. bag of rice also - we eat lots of soups and chili this time of year. Also stocked up on flour and yeast because older dd has been on a bread baking kick lately.

I will get a lot of mileage out of the chicken leg quarters - I'm going to boil them to make my own stock, then I'll de-bone the meat and package it up for soups and casseroles.

Leaving the store with 3 huge shopping totes full of food for $50 is a good feeling. :)

I love fall cooking! Dh just made a huge pot of chili for tonight and I can't wait to dig in later. :)

re: Any other Aldi fans?

Yes, they are awesome, I had forgotten for awhile, but now I shop there again as it is so much cheaper!

We love our Aldi! Ours was just remodeled too. I haven't been in since the updates - they were supposed to be finished by Oct. 31.

I love Aldi and one of the ones near us is remodeled an beautiful.

I love the fact that the Aldi is not huge, so it does not take forever to walk around and get things. Of course, I also love the fact that the costs are more than reasonable.

Currently DH is doing more of the shopping. He does NOT like Aldi, even though I have pointed out how much it can save us. But, it is not his thing so we only use it about once a month when I stop in.

Anne

<<I love the fact that the Aldi is not huge, so it does not take forever to walk around and get things.>>

I enjoy that aspect as well - it reminds me of the neighborhood grocery we used to walk to when I was a little girl in NYC.

Ours was just remodeled and it's gorgeous! the only problem is I can't find things because they've been moved around. I still get eggs and produce and Sprouts, and I get paper products at Sams unless Aldi has a special buy. But I love Aldi's cheeses, and their own brands are really good.

One just opened last week a few miles from me. I'm looking forward to checking it out. :-)

My Aldi's is kind out of the way. I go about every 2 weeks. I do not buy meat. I only buy my veggies, fruits, and things like fries and eggs. I never spend more than $20. Again, I just don't go there unless I need a lot of fresh produce.

Just remember, that many of the products say ( distributed by somewhere in our country) which means it is not necessarily "packaged" in this country, so I tend to shy away from those products.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat