Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Whats the difference between probotics and acidopholis ?

Whats the difference between probotics and acidopholis ?

Should we be taking probotics instead of acidopholis?

re: Whats the difference between probotics and acidopholis ?

I don't know the difference. I do know that my dd could not drink cow's milk after she weaned herself from breastfeeding, and that acidopholis milk literally saved her from much misery, while enabling her to get needed calcium. Back then I had not heard of probiotics. Are they supposed to aid digestion/lower excessive acid in the stomach? That's my general idea.

Eta: I googled your question and found this:

Acidophilus is believed to be a probiotic.

This post was edited on Nov 01, 2017 05:36 PM

Acidopholis is one of many probotics available naturally in our fermented foods.

To repair the gut you need a variety of flora in there.

You can take pills that contain a variety probiotics or consume living foods.

We clean our food to well now and lose many of the benefit good guys that are on the outside skin of food.

We also don't eat fermented foods like people used to.

You can consume fermented foods and drinks to also get more good guys into the gut.

The bad guys of the gut are stronger, sometimes it is beneficial to also kill the bad guys to help the good guys grow. So you can take olive leaf extract for example, that will kill bad bacteria, but not the good bacteria.

Then consume good guys or probiotics in the form of pills or foods and they will help to balance the gut.

A balanced gut will benefit the entire body.

Natrens Healthy Trinity has a good probiotic you can take, very high quality and enteric coated so that the good guys stay alive until they get to the intestines.

HTH

This post was edited on Nov 01, 2017 07:16 PM

I will just clarify a few things as you guys are getting somethings confused. (Or, at least, you guys are confusing me.)

Lactobacillus acidophilus is a bacteria. Period, nothing more, nothing less. Acidophilus milk is just regular milk with extra lactobacillus added to it. Why would someone add bacteria to my milk. Because this one particular group of bacteria produces lactase. Lactase is the enzyme needed to bust apart and utilize the sugar found in milk lactose.

Normally, humans produce their own lactase so no one needs acidophilus milk. But, those who are lactose intolerant or lactase insufficient may get relief from bloating and pain of milk products. Lactaid is an over-the-counter product which does the same thing. Yogurt also has plenty of this bacteria.

Lactobacillus is only one of a very few organisms that survive the acidity of the stomach. Therefore, enteric coated probiotics are not needed. Usually, they have a bunch of other bacteria that are worthless because, whether enteric coated or not, they will not survive stomach acid, even in small amounts.

The bacteria flora is totally dependent on the individual, as well as what he consumes. But, that flora can change within an hour back to the normal flora of the individual. It is why even some of the most heinous gut infections resolve on their own very quickly.

Nothing beats natural foods for keeping the gut healthy. Very high fiber diets do more than anything. Lactobacillus foods come in second. Probiotics have been found helpful in an extreme gut infection called clostridium difficult (haha, gotta love autocorrect) colitis.

Sorry, to hijack the thread. I just wanted to clarify the difference some. It seemed like people were interchanging probiotics and acidophilus. While probiotics may contain lactobaccilus acidophillus, they usually contain a lot more junk that really isn’t needed because the gut is resorting back anyway to normal flora, or the bacteria doesn’t survive stomach acid.

I pray for everyone with gastrointestinal issues for a swift diagnosis and healing.

This post was edited on Nov 02, 2017 11:05 AM

http://www.raw-milk-facts.com/enzymes_T3.html

Agreed diet can help.
So for example when you pasteurize milk you take from it many of the beneficial enzymes that actually help you digest milk and other foods.

When people take lactase they are making up for one of the things taken out of the milk that help you digest milk.

Here is a quote from the link above about Lactase, it is interesting to see how much we destroy our food and it's beneficial bacteria and enzymes before we eat it, no wonder we have so many belly trouble these days. The founder of the Mayo clinic used to give milk therapy to his patients, he called it "white blood" and cured many people of many ailments by giving them a raw milk diet for many weeks.

"
LACTASE:
Lactase (a member of the beta-galactosidase group of enzymes) splits milk sugar (lactose) into the two simple sugars glucose and galactose. Found exclusively in mammalian milk, lactose is only one sixth as sweet as cane or beet sugar (sucrose).

Many people lose the ability to make lactase as they mature, so must either get it in their food or take supplements to avoid unpleasant side effects (lactose intolerance). Other folks, from regions in Europe, Africa, India and the Middle East, through a helpful genetic mutation, produce the enzyme in their intestinal tracts, even as adults. The lactase in raw milk, present from bacterial synthesis, appears to be inactivated by the pasteurization/homogenization processes.

"

Almost everyone will keep producing lactase if he keeps drinking dairy daily. As adults, we do not drink or eat as much, therefore, we quit producing it. Also, daily adult milk drinkers are more likely to be thin. I do not know if that was based on pasteurized or not.

Non-pasteurized milk tastes gross to me. But, I agree, it is probably better from a health standpoint.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat