Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

What do you use for streaming from Amazon?

re: What do you use for streaming from Amazon?

We love Amazon prime for movies and shows. !!! I am addicted. I love how you can get the older TV shows for free. Right now I am watching all the seasons of Family Ties(with Michael J Fox).
Hubby and I are watching "24".....all 8 seasons.(again ..as we saw these way back in the early 2000s).

We have a smart TV. But I know we have a Firestick. I didn't even know they can be voice activated LOL.....I am really not up on any new technology. I seriously do not even know why we need to have a firestick...LOL....maybe because of Amazon?

When we didn't have a smart TV we used Roku.

Okay, Roku it is!

Kesa, I think the voice activated fire stick is new.

I'm confused why this is necessary. Are we the only ones who have our computer hooked up to our tv and we just use it like that? We don't have cable or satellite, just subscriptions to netflix, amazon, pureflix and jelly telly. Why are these other items (roku, firestick) necessary? I've never understood what they do.

I'm confused why this is necessary. Are we the only ones who have our computer hooked up to our tv and we just use it like that? We don't have cable or satellite, just subscriptions to netflix, amazon, pureflix and jelly telly. Why are these other items (roku, firestick) necessary? I've never understood what they do.

We still own a desk top computer, and it is not in the same room as our TV. It was a pain with a long cord through the house, and then someone had to go to the computer every time we wanted to pause, change shows, etc. So for us, we bought a Roku because it was cheaper than a laptop. I actually just bought a laptop, but I still use the Roku because of the convenience. A Roku certainly is a luxury for sure!

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat