Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

What do you use for streaming from Amazon?

What do you use for streaming from Amazon?

We have Chromecast for Netflix, but what do you use for Amazon? Hubby figured out a way to stream from PBS without having to go through Amazon, but we still can't stream directly from Amazon Prime.

I DON'T want the Fire Stick with Voice Remote, if I have another, non-voice operated option.

ETA: We want to be able to use VidAngel, too.

This post was edited on Oct 31, 2017 04:53 PM

re: What do you use for streaming from Amazon?

We currently use our Wii. But, I'm looking at other options as we want to access other options.

We had a Roku given to us that I want to get hooked up. I don't believe it's voice activated and it's compatible with what I've looked at.

I think the fire stick might be another one I would check out, but I honestly haven't researched it yet.

K

We use ROKU. It's not voice activated.

Roku at our house.

Roku

Another vote for Roku. We don't stream Amazon through it, but you can, along with tons of other stuff.

Apple TV here. But, I never stream from Amazon. What are you trying to get from Amazon? Just curious. I am looking for cheaper options than Verizon.

So ROKU works for all of that, including Amazon, huh?

Minnie, we have Amazon Prime so I want to make sure we're getting our money's worth. ;) Plus, our local video store has hardly anything that our family would watch, so we've exhausted all our options there. And Netflix doesn't carry everything that we'd like, such as PBS/BBC programs, Doctor Who, and a few others. Or Netflix DVD might have what we want, but they've gotten really bad about not keeping to their 1-day turnaround time anymore. Either that or it's our post office, I'm not sure which. OR there's a long wait for the movie that's at the top of the queue, so it doesn't get shipped for WEEKS.

In addition to the annual cost for Amazon Prime which we already have, anyway, our cost for Netflix DVD (1 DVD at a time) is about $8 a month, Netflix Streaming (1 screen) is about $8, and VidAngel would be $8. So $24 a month is a whole lot cheaper than a cable or satellite service, and we're only piping in what we actually want. There's an occasional rental fee for a show on Amazon, but many of them are free/included in the flat rate.

I'll check into ROKU. Thanks, ladies!

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat