Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Looking at colleges during CC time

Looking at colleges during CC time

We're planning on going to some college days in the near future.
It's time to see which campuses stand out. Of course, I've told our ds that each college will "sell" their brand of schooling. He's excited. I'm a bit stressed. Glad it's not my decision! :)

Michelle32

re: Looking at colleges during CC time

DD17 picked her college online without visiting first. She did not know anyone either so it was really stressful to give her permission. We did see one small public college and one smaller private Christian college (which was my pick) within Florida.

Nonetheless, whatever happens, it’s the beginning of the end. The rats grow up, leave home, and only call on Sunday afternoons. LOL.

re: Looking at colleges during CC time

It's a bittersweet time!

With my son, we visited 3 different universities, and then the best choice was apparent after he had applied and learned what they offered him as far as scholarships. He wound up choosing a mid-sized private school where he can commute.

Now my daughter is starting college visits. We've taken her to one, and have a couple more scheduled for this month.

My advice is to visit at least one private school, because in our experience, unlike the public universities, they include a yummy, free buffet lunch and a t-shirt. Hahaha! :D

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat