Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

What are you reading? October 2017

re: What are you reading? October 2017

Blue Remembered Hills by Rosemary Sutcliff (written in 1983).

I got this book for 10 cents at a yard sale; I purchased it because our kids read some of Rosemary Sutcliff's fiction (Roman era; "The Eagle of the Ninth")....I knew she was British, handicapped. It's really an interesting autobiography of the first 25 years of her life in pre and post WWII England.

(**Nerd choice; you have to be pretty nerdy to want to read this book. ).

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/702974.Blue_Remembered_Hills

I'm listening to the book Annals of a Quiet Neighborhood by George MacDonald, from librivox.org.
I'm thankful for the opportunity to listen to books read on audio, since I don't often have time to sit down and read, but I can listen while working on some projects.

I've also been reading 1 Thessalonians lately. Thought provoking.

There's probably more... but can't think of anything else right now. :)

I'm reading Martha's Vineyard, Isle of Dreams by Susan Branch (fictionalized auto-biography). Love!

Continuing to read "When People are Big and God is Small"

Eat to Live by Dr. Fuhrman

Well, I'm not reading much fiction at the moment. In a spell where I need to focus.

EMT Textbook. LOL Yup, the focus.
(real title is way too long)

And, a short one just given to me by my counselor.

K

This post was edited on Oct 22, 2017 06:28 AM

My sister introduced me to an author that is new to me:

Kate Morton

And she is my new favorite!!! She is an excellent writer...her books have twists and turns, with settings that flash back and forth between historical and modern.

When I read her books I feel like I am reading a more current version of a classic, with rich details and nice vocabulary, but still light enough to simply enjoy the book.

I've loved all her novels, but so far my favorite is The Lake House. I didn't want to put it down.

https://www.amazon.com/Lake-House-Novel-Kate-Morton/dp/1451649355/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508550834&sr=8-1&keywords=the+lake+house+kate+morton

https://katemorton.com/

Angels Walking Series (3 books) by Karen Kingsbury....I just can not put the book down!

oohhh .. Karen Kingsbury... I loved her two movies "The Bridge" on Hallmark last year...

I'm reading more practical things right now, but just happy to be get back into reading after a long time away.

"101 Homeschool Devotions for Mom" (finished)

" The Good Life for Less: Giving Your Family Great Meals, Good Times, and Happy Home on a Budget" by Amy Allen Clark.
(finished :O)

"Secrets To Getting More Done in Less Time" By Donna Otto

"The Love Dare: For Parents" by Stephen & Alex Kendrick

"How Many Times Do I Have to Tell You?" By Rachael Carman

The Prayer Life
by Andrew Murray

I have read and re-read passages and chapters before going on further.
Prayer is life-changing, and the more I read, the more I realize how much I have failed Him.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat