Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Third update at the end.

re: Endoscope update.

So are they saying it's acid reflux then, or are you still waiting for other test results?

I have an 11yo son with heartburn and we're in the midst of testing, too. He's having an ultrasound this weekend and I hope we don't have to move on to the scope. He was on an adult dose of zantac and that wasn't cutting it so he's on something stronger now for the next 45 days.

I hope we all get the answers we need.

Carafate is $300.00??!!?? That is insane. Honestly, if I had refills on mine I would ship it to you for her. It is great stuff though. It should calm down her symptoms. And, hopefully she will not have to be on it for a long period of time.

I hope all of her other tests come back with nothing worrisome.

You have been through a lot so prayers to both of you.

May be with you and heal her.

I was put on that, and refused to take it. But they found that the coase of my trouble was Hpylori in the stomach, I found out that cranberry juice kills Hpyloi, I took that every day for a long time and all my symptoms are now gone.

So are they saying it's acid reflux then, or are you still waiting for other test results?

We needed a starting point considering her multi symptoms could be a number of things. So he wanted to look and see, good thing, he suctioned out a ton of acid. Acid from what? We don't know.

He did four blood tests
Two stool tests ( I'm guessing it's the wheat and lactos test?)

He's sitting down with the above tests and images from yesterday and see what is going on. Maybe the med he put her on will determine more testing or not ????

The other tests we have discussed and may do are the CAT barium scan to see the gallbladder and another one where she eats something and then they scan her to see if her food is digesting in the correct amount of time.

My SIL was in pain for many many years until someone from the Florida State school diagnosed her. She ate something and they did a scan and realized that her food was not emptying into her stomach. Your food is supposed to be in your stomach within 45 minutes and her was stuck in her chest for 2 hours.

Funny, but all she needed was a small amount of an certain antibiotic that had the enzyme or what she needed to digest food. It's the weirdest thing. But it worked. So everytime she eats , she sips a little of whatever it is she takes, and she is a brand new person.

We see Dr. in two weeks, she needs to start healing so that's why he has her on something to heal. I think that we just need a little time to pinpoint things and keep it from getting worse.

He didn't take a sample while he scoped her?

I was scoped they took a sample and found the hpylori....that is a cause sometimes.

OOPS yes, he took many biopsies.

Delayed emptying scan can be done to check how someone is moving food after digestion. True. Delayed emptying is gastroparesis. It's a complex issue that does cause pain, nausea, vomiting, and more. It's not a test most MDs do readily. First they usually treat for reflux, IBS, or refer to psychologist. Ridiculous. Testing for GP isn't difficult. Maybe they can check for it and rule it out?

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat