Chit-Chat


Reply to topic

Search

Third update at the end.

re: Sooooooooooooo

Symptoms

Constant nausea
Periodically pain in chest
Burning in chest and throat

These caught my eye. Check out low stomach acid. It is often confused with high stomach acids and meds for high stomach acid make it way worse (ask me how I know).

I had similar. Turns out it was a combination of low stomach acid and sensitivity to milk. I had to give up all dairy products and byproducts and drink lemon water (juice of 2 lemons and 1/2 cup warm water) as I need to. Most of symptoms resolved in a matter of few weeks.

re: Sooooooooooooo


Symptoms

Constant nausea
Periodically pain in chest
Burning in chest and throat
-------

Dh had a severely diseased gallbladder (it already had gangrene!), and he did not have these issues.

He did have some indigestion (not nausea) from time to time, but nothing severe, for months. Then one day the indigestion suddenly got bad. He was chewing Tums like crazy, but they weren't helping. I told him I thought he needed to go to the ER (by then it was the middle of the night, joy joy), so finally he (*reluctantly* did. They thought he was having a heart attack and did every kind of test imaginable, for hours and hours.

I was constantly praying, and though I had never known anyone who had gallbladder disease, the thought popped into my head that his problem was his gallbladder. When I made that suggestion to the doc, he openly scorned my input, so I shut up. Sure enough, hours and hours later (by which time he could -- and SHOULD -- have already had the gallbladder out) they determined that the problem was his gallbladder!

By then his fever was wayyyy up (106), so they had to give fever reducing meds (and morphine because he was in such pain by then), and they could not operate until the next day, hoping his fever would come down. It did come down, but not down to normal. They had to get that gallbladder out, though, and he was very sick for days afterward. His nursing "care" afterward was a horrible joke.

All that to say, the symptoms above did not happen to him. Have you looked up those symptoms at a medical website? I think I might do that.

I'm so sorry for your dd, it sounds like she's been miserable, poor baby! I will pray.

re: Sooooooooooooo

This is probably way too simple, but have all her vitamin and mineral levels been checked? It occurred to me that that might come into play with some of her symptoms, too.

Also, there's no chance at all she could have contracted Lyme, is there? Maybe they could run a blood test, just on the very off chance it's possible. (Though if she never spends any time in outdoorsy, nature-type settings, fields, woods, marshes, rivers, sand dunes, then probably there's no chance.)

re: Sooooooooooooo


M4J's post reminded me: Does your dd take vitamins? I learned the hard way :( that too much Vitamin A can cause nausea. I had terrible nausea every.single.day for months and months until it occurred to me to check the amount of Vit. A. Those were expensive vitamins (marketed as the very best for women, at health food stores) and I hated to throw them away, but I had to.

Also, we learned from dh's experience that greasy food (like most hamburgers from fast food places, for example) and milk and most milk products (real cheese seems to be an exception for many people, but not stuff like Kraft, etc, "cheese" slices) aggravate a failing gallbladder.

re: Sooooooooooooo

Cricket,
How is your daughter feeling? Any updates?

re: Sooooooooooooo

We had the endoscope this morning. She has quite a lot going on. Where it's supposed to be light pink in areas, it's black. She is burned inside from severe acid reflux.

She will stay on the Pepcid until we see him in two weeks, he has added a liquid that she takes 2 hours prior to eating every meal, she also has the beginning of an ulcer due to the chronic acid as well. We need her to start healing.

He will look at the pathology of the biopsies, the stool results, blood results and he has to find out why she is making so much acid. He literally had to suction out the acid to do the scope. And that's with her not having had anything to eat or drink since 10 pm last night.

We shall see.

re: Endoscope update.

Cricket ,

Oh my goodness . Your poor DD. Severe acid reflux is terrible.

I have it as well and was DX on endoscopy . Although not as severe as your daughters.

Is the liquid called Carafate by any chance ? I was given this and had to take it the same way. It worked very well after even the first dose.

I was put on Omeprozole. Been on it a few years now. Tried to come off but didn't work too well.

I really hope she starts to feel better. ((Hugs)) and prayers for her. And you too as well.

re: Endoscope update.

Carafate, yes, $300 for a month supply. Isn't insurance great?

123456

Reply to topic

Search


Return to Chit-Chat