Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Anything for a buck....and I'm a geek.

Anything for a buck....and I'm a geek.

We're on a single income until dd graduates, so anytime I can save $$ I'll do it.

For a few months now I've been racking up Microsoft Rewards points. I just redeemed them and got $20 in gift cards for Walmart, Target, Amazon and Starbucks ($5 each).

Yep, every morning while I sip my morning coffee, I do Bing searches -- which means I basically read news headlines -- and rack up points. They also offer special bonus points for daily and weekly quizzes and they regularly send emails out with additional quizzes. This takes about10 minutes of my day.

From now on (now that I've got an efficient system down), I'll save until I get enough points for one gift card at a time. One $5 card requires 5250 points. (This was my first time to redeem points -- I had 21000+ saved. I earn 250 daily points, and bonus quizzes can bring another 200-400 (guessing) per week.

There was one glitch, though. The URLs for the eGift Cards did not work as they were incomplete. I emailed customer service and they promptly sent new URLS.

Anyway, if you can you a few extra dollars in your budget it's a simple way to do it. Thought I'd share!

re: Anything for a buck....and I'm a geek.

That's cool every little bit helps!

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat