Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

re: So I finally have Internet for a few minutes

re: So I finally have Internet for a few minutes

hey friends I just want to let you know that we got power back very late last night we just turned on the air. The house and went to bed and slept very late we were just exhausted just from all the events and just from the heat all of that . Thanks for all your prayers . The only Internet that I can get is if I'm up at like 6 AM or I'm basically sitting almost on top of my car in the driveway. The only Internet that I can get up at like 6 AM for basically sitting on the top of my car in the driveway

I could go to places that have free Wi-Fi but I'm just not in the mood to do that for still a lot of cleanup to do a lot of laundry to do I got to go buy new dishwasher because mine broke today as before. I could go to places that have free Wi-Fi but I'm just not in the mood to do that for still a lot of cleanup to do a lot of laundry to do I got to go buy new dishwasher because mine broke today as before

I don't think I'm really going to start to get back to school until maybe Monday most of the schools here will not be there I just got to get re-organized and everything back in order before I even think of doing that . It's the type A Personality In me.

I wish I could show you pictures of just on our street . As far as your you can see n every single corner of property, tree and stump like 6 ft high everywhere you're driving . But it hit our area one of the easiest . Hoping we get power back at the business . AnyWho that's all probably really won't be on I have no idea Internet Or phones will be back.

This post was edited on Sep 13, 2017 01:45 PM

re: re: So I finally have Internet for a few minutes

Glad to hear you're all okay!!

I don't think I'm really going to start to get back to school until maybe Monday most of the schools here will not be there I just got to get re-organized and everything back in order before I even think of doing that .
--------

This sounds great to me, totally reasonable. Even our schools are still out, way up here! Unbelievable.

I am SO GLAD that your power is back on! I heard reports that some parts of FL won't get it back until 9/22, and I was very concerned for your family (as well as others in FL, too).

I cannot imagine what your neighborhood must look like. There were 88 trees downed in our county, most of them taking power lines down with them, and traffic lights too. And I know that your situation is much worse!

So glad you and your family and home came through ok, Cricket! I know how thankful you are to have power. We have power now as well and I feel so sorry for all those who are suffering in this heat. Continuing to pray for all of you!

I am so glad to hear your power is back on. Hopefully, it is the same at your business and that it didn't take on too much damage.

Clean up is going to be tiring, so don't worry about school yet. One thing at a time.

Just glad to hear you are all ok.

I know many will think that the heat index is being over exaggerated, but it is critical. People in perfect health are barely able to function in the heat . They are reporting that eight people in a nursing home lost their lives just from the heat . When we think of getting power back it really isn't to wash clothes are clean up it's because with the heat index it's over 100° down here in the middle of the day . The humidity from all of the water is what sent it over the edge . Sadly I think theres going to be a lot more loss of life from this heat. Small children , anyone with an illness, and the elderly ; are the ones most susceptible to the heat.

And can we talk about Key West for a minute . I'm not sure what you guys are hearing and seeing but there are people in Key West that are angry because help is not gotten to them . At the very beginning when they began to start evacuations from certain places they were told over and over and over ; that if they stayed no one would be able to get to them . Our governor also said if you cannot afford to get yourself out of the keys they were to call a specific number and arrangements would be made to get them out . You can't live in a place like the keys and not think that a category 4 almost a 5 can come through your area and everything be OK

If you are ever told to evacuate for any reason then you need to evacuate . This is unlike Jacksonville where they got a lesser storm , they probably got a category one category two maybe . But a lot of those homes are on the water and there are lots of waterways and when the ocean got into the waterways that's what began to send it into the residential areas . It will be a mess for a long time because you can't go in and fix power when there is all that water everywhere .

It will take years for the keys to become a big vacationing spot . Oh sure the big-name hotels will be able to survive but down there it's mostly mom-and-pop places . Ernest Hemingway's house I don't think fared too well but I'm sure they will restore that .

The only thing I think about is all these people between Texas and Florida who have lost their homes which means they've lost their jobs where do all those people go and what will they do it just boggles my mind at that kind of hardship .

I heard about those poor people who died in the nursing home. :(

That heat sounds oppressive. I truly hope you guys get some relief soon!

My niece lives in Key Largo. She got back to her home and the power was back on, one store was open, but the place is desolate. My sister said that all the leaves were blown off of the trees and you can see straight through from one side of the island to the other. I believe she said that it looks like a war zone.

My niece is coming north to stay for awhile. She is gives massages and is a yoga instructor to the rich residents. Some of them won't be back for weeks and massage and yoga may not be the first thing on their mind. She is trying to figure out how she will make a living and if she needs to relocate.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat