Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Hurricane Irma check-in

re: Hurricane Irma check-in

Glad to see you ladies check in! Has anyone heard from Minnie? Or Lizamoe? She said she was in Puerto Rico.

Eye of the storm has passed. Will not know damage until morning. So far all alive and house dry. God is good.

We are in the eye right now. Just walked out and it looks like we just have a lot of large parts of trees down. Water came in a bit through the front door. The wind was so loud last night. I can't imagine how scary it was for those who went through it while it was a stronger storm.

There's not much left on the other side of the storm so we are through with most of it.

I'm eager to hear from my family this morning to see how things look by daylight.

Thankful for every little blessing and continuing to pray for everyone.

So glad to hear all of you are ok.

Continued prayers...................

We survived the worst part last night, and all is well. We never lost power, and we only have yard debris. We are extremely grateful and feel fortunate and blessed. I'm now praying for my family up in the path in GA.

I was able to get home on Tuesday, thankfully, and all is well here at home. Most people within the city limits of my small town have had power restored. People outside the city may be without power for weeks.

A few tips for those in this type of situation, a decent generator will run several window units. They are very easy to install and are not terribly expensive. If you are able to afford or get a generator and a window unit or two, it makes all of the difference! My sister's husband had one already and he installed it and put a box fan several feet in front of it to direct the air down the hallway. We were all very comfortable. My mother in law is still without power and may be out for weeks. She was able to get two window units and her house cool is now. The heat was making her sick before.

Blessings and prayers for all of you,
Melanie

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat