Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Hurricane Irma check-in

Hurricane Irma check-in

We made it through the first night ok...all utilities are still on as of 10:39an EST. Honestly, last night wasn't bad. Today is supposed to be much worse. Parts of our county, St. Lucie, are without power and have flooding. Our neighborhood is west of 95, so right now, not too much from what I've seen. I opened the front door walker when it was calm, and I saw a few palm fronds, but that's to be expected. We haven't looked at the back yard yet.

Everyone showered up, and I'm freezing the house down to 68, just in case we lose power.

At this point, the winds, at my house, were worse with hurricane Matthew, last October. I know it can still get bad, but I haven't heard all the howling and whistling yet.

Anyone else able to check in?

re: Hurricane Irma check-in

My family by Lake Okeecobee is sitting on the back patio. It's really windy and rainy but they still have power.

My family in Cape Coral still has power as well. Lots of wind and rain is it for now.

It's raining here in Northwest Central Florida but that's it. Just a bit windy.

We cooked a big breakfast, ran the dishwasher, all got showers, filled the tub up with water and have the ac cranked down as well. We will probably lose power early as we are in the country.

Hope to hear from more of you!

Glad you two are ok!

I'm waiting to see Cricket check in.....

Now they are watching Jose. A possibility it could make landfall here in New England. Good thing we are already prepared for storms . We even have plywood for windows . But my word... we have a million trees that are huge!!!!

Stay safe everyone

I have been in touch with ilovemychildren. She evacuated to a cabin they own, but as the storm took a different track, she was in as much or more danger there. She has now left that area too.

Prayers would be appreciated. I'll try to keep everyone posted if she doesn't.

Thank you ladies for the updates! Prayers continue.

Mom2caleb, they just showed St. Lucie county on the news. I thought of you, and praying for all you ladies and your families down in Florida!

I have seen videos from people that stayed in the keys, and it looked crazy!

Yeah, our county has had localized flooding and way too many tornado warnings. So far, we still have power, but many of our friends do not. This has opened our eyes as to where to look when we are ready to buy or rent again, for sure. Our neighborhood has underground utilities, and I'm sure that has helped.

Sherrie

Hope everyone is still ok. My family at home is through the worst of it and all are doing fine. It's still too dark and windy to see the damage so we shall see what it looks like in the morning.

My family in Cape Coral had the eye super close to them and never even lost power. It is slowly falling apart here and may only be a tropical storm when it gets here so we should be fine.

Thank You Lord!

And thank all of you for your prayers. Continuing to pray for everyone affected by this storm.

This post was edited on Sep 10, 2017 09:13 PM

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat