Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Not because I think you're stupid

Not because I think you're stupid

but I just wanted to mention a couple things I've read.

1. You could put bags of ice and whatever food and drink down into your washer. It will act as a cooler and the water drainage will have somewhere to go. ( apparently, most know this already, I must be living under a rock)

2. Your dishwasher is a safe place. It is water tight and is held in by kitchen cabinets. You could place things in there. For the record , I've never done this to see, but considering this time around; I might put a few things in there.

If anyone has any other little helps , even if you think we know them already, place them here.

re: Not because I think you're stupid

I saw this article going around. I don't think the shopping hints are helpful at this point as this article was written earlier this week, but some of the other stuff is helpful. It may be stuff you already know, but never know it could be new to someone else.

https://www.facebook.com/TWCBryanNorcross/posts/1554969994541010

(you don't have to be logged in to facebook to read that as far as I can tell)

among stuff to do:
document your stuff with photos. get them uploaded somewhere that you can retrieve

embrace your dishwasher, dryer, washing machine. (I hadn't hear this one before this week either cricket. but apparently it's done. I've seen people putting their stuff in "rubbermaid" containers with locking lids and then putting that in there????)

I read comments about the dishwasher NOT being safe. The place where the steam comes out will also allow water in. Also the drain works either way in some situations. I'm wondering if the wash machine wouldn't be the same way.

Rubbermaid and/or locking insulated coolers seem the safest.

sigh. I wondered if it was good or urban legend.

what about the "quarter in a cup" thing? that keeps popping up in my newsfeed all day. But I haven't read or investigated it.

Unscrew/detach the hoses from the washing machine, and it at least should be safe from water seepage.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat