Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Good thing there's plenty notice for hurricanes

Good thing there's plenty notice for hurricanes

It's literally taken me since Sunday to move things, pack a suitcase just in case. Cooked for three days,and cleaned everything in sight including beds. I also organized our safe room. We have moved almost everything in this house and wrapped stuff in plastic. Tomorrow there's a little more to do, then I'm popping a melatonin and take a huge nap before it rolls in.

My nephew lives in the evacuation and are near the water. Today he decided to leave to Tampa . I think he said he did Airbnb. Have you seen the traffic on I-75? I'm worried he won't make it.

Ok, this will probably be the last time I check in. Say safe.

This post was edited on Sep 07, 2017 08:21 PM

re: Good thing there's plenty notice for hurricanes

Stay safe Cricket...

Praying for all of you.

re: Good thing there's plenty notice for hurricanes

I've packed a watertight container with all important documents, pictures, external hard drive, etc; a go box with changes of clothes for every family member, toiletries, baby wipes, etc; and a go bag with water, first aid kit, more baby wipes, basic meds, essential oils, colloidal silver, and a few snacks. Those three items can be grabbed should we have to get the heck out of here. They are on top of the dryer, right near the garage exit out of the house.

Traffic is terrible...ppl 15 mins north have been on the road for six hours and still aren't into Orlando (normally 1.5-2 hrs tops). There are so many that have to leave because of where they live. We aren't in those areas, and I'm trusting my concrete built shuttered up home. God is our anchor in the storm and our shelter in times of need.

Praying for everyone...even my family in middle GA, who may now be affected.

This post was edited on Sep 07, 2017 08:32 PM

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat