Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Gr8ful, are you okay there in GA?

Gr8ful, are you okay there in GA?

Hi Gr8ful, just saw that your governor ordered evacuations for certain counties... Hoping you're okay and safe, with power! Praying for you all tonight, and through the duration of the storm.

re: Gr8ful, are you okay there in GA?

Stay safe .....

Ugh, now Georgia. At least SC is giving a sigh of relief.

Yes, it going through GA is not good. My parents are there and will now feel some of the effects of this darn storm.

Prayers for you all in FL, GA, SC!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for thinking of us here! :) I've been concerned about peteyn, dh's best buddy who now lives in Valdosta, and other people we know who are also in South Ga. kesa, have you heard from peteyn? Do you know if she and her family are staying or if they've evacuated?

I'm up pretty late tonight because dh was watching a movie earlier, so I've been watching the latest weather reports. Dh got up late last night (after midnight) to let a dog do his business, switched on TWC, and At That Late Hour (about 1 or 2 o'clock), cars were bumper to bumper on I-75, just south of Atlanta! He was shocked to see that.

We are just barely out of the 94-county designated danger zone, but I've been praying and praying for everyone everywhere -- Bahamas (MM's nephew), kesa's location in P.R. (have you heard anything yet, kesa?), Florida (we have friends and relatives there), Ga, and SC.

Minnie, as a I understand it, a number of counties in SC (maybe NC too?) have been designated danger areas already.

Even way up here (compared to Florida), stuff is flying off the shelves. Dd was in WM this evening and said there was not ANY bread in the store (loaves or other) and not a bottle of water. Other things were selling like hotcakes too. This is amazing for our area. Unprecedented. People are really taking this storm seriously (which, IMHO, is a good thing).

As for us, the weather guys are saying the main danger might be tornadoes. I don't mind rain (as long as we aren't flooded, which doesn't seem to be a possibility), but I absolutely hate tornadoes. So if you would all pray for us who are not in the 'danger zone' of Ga about that, I sure would appreciate it.
God bless you all! :)

I am not in P.R. ......(thank goodness)

Peteyn is fine.

Praying for you....tornadoes are very scary.

Although our situation here cannot be compared to that in Florida or S. Ga (dh finally got in touch with his buddy in Valdosta today, and they lost power in the wee hours of the night and have no idea when it will be restored) --

It is much worse here than anyone thought it would be. It has rained and rained and rained all day (and still raining now), but the worst thing has been the W-I-N-D. We've never had wind like that before -- gusts up to 50-60mph. Trees are down everywhere, even blocking interstate lanes, and so power lines are down too. A close friend lives in a neighboring town in the same county, there are many HUGE trees down, power lines down in the roads, and they've been w/o power most of the day. Traffic lights closest to us are down.on.the.road.

Power is off everywhere all around us, yet we haven't lost power! This is definitely a bright spot for us (no pun intended). Next-door neighbor spent the afternoon cutting down downed trees, but AFAWK, we don't have any down. There were tree limbs on the driveway when dh got home from work. Yes, he had to work today, though MANY companies were shut down (ditto for tomorrow). On his way home, he saw huge areas with no power, including traffic lights.

Good News -- no tornadoes!!! Thank you to all who prayed! The strangest thing about this storm is that our temps have been soooo chilly. Every other time we've had hurricane weather, temps have been HOT and humidity has been sweltering. This is really, really odd. But weathermen are saying that's why we did not have any twisters. :)

ETA: kesa, I am so thrilled to know that peteyn and family are fine! Please tell her I said so. I know you don't live in PR. I was asking about your membership there which you were concerned about.

This post was edited on Sep 11, 2017 11:05 PM

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat