Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Please evacuate

re: Please evacuate

They just issued a mandatory evacuation for all cities around Lake Okeechobee. Where on earth are all of these people going to go at such last minute notice? Can they even make it anywhere with traffic bumper to bumper all over the state?

I am trying to pray and trust God but it is awful to have the rest of my family stuck there. I am praying God will turn the storm back toward the east where it will affect fewer people so drastically and that He will provide somewhere for my family to go.

Please pray for us and all the others going through this right now. We've always talked about how awful it would be trying to evacuate large amounts of people from Florida and all of it is coming true.

Praying for all of you who are in Irma's path.

This post was edited on Sep 07, 2017 09:59 PM

If it goes even a tad more west, I will get hit at my house and also where I keep the RV in the panhandle. What are the odds? I already got my mandatory stay orders from the hospital.

Praying 🙏

They just issued a mandatory evacuation for all cities around Lake Okeechobee. Where on earth are all of these people going to go at such last minute notice? Can they even make it anywhere with traffic bumper to bumper all over the state?

Oh Mylanta, what are those people going to do? I can't even believe that city gov would wait that long to tell them. I am literally sitting in my chair shaking my head.

Praying!

Thank you everyone for your prayers! The Lord provided places for all of my loved ones to go. My family is still very close to the storm, closer in fact, but they are away from the lake. They should be safe from flooding but are looking at category 4 conditions. Still praying for their safety and for all of you who are in south Florida as well.

This post was edited on Sep 08, 2017 02:54 PM

Checking in from the West Coast! I am 50 miles north of Tampa and west of Orlando. We are staying. There is a severe gas shortage in my county so we couldn't leave any way. Hubby was finally able to fill up our van this morning and get sand bags. We have ice in case we need to keep our food and his insulin cold. We have water but we also bought cheap soda bottles for .75 and emptied them out and filled them with water because there is a water shortage.

I am praying for my fellow Florida friends here! Remember, our hope and trust is in the LORD. In the eye of the storm, He remains in control. :-) Stay safe and let's all check in when we can. Hugs and prayers! Isaiah 26:3-4

Let's continue in prayer.

BTW I am not in an evacuation area, thankfully!

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat