Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

re: One week away

One week away

and three stores are low on water and shelves are bare unless you buy the expensive water. Bread aisle is low. They probably have enough to restock once, maybe twice. If it doesn't start turning by Wednesday morning; I'll will do my shopping a day earlier than I usually do. Having lived here almost all my life; I'm use to the bare shelves during hurricanes.

I have been watching this hurricane.

It doesn't look good. Getting stronger. No predictions are being made but computer models are showing hitting your area. I hope it goes out to sea.

Maybe you should go to the store as soon as you are able to.

You come to mind when I hear talk of this next hurricane.

Will be praying.

My cousin lives near Orlando; all gas deliveries have stopped. Don't understand that, but that's what the lady told him.

I don't know if this applies to Orlando or not, but I've been hearing that most of the gas in the SE (all the way up to NY) comes from TX and LA, that supplies are getting very low and may be hard to find in coming days. Prices are supposed to go even higher. :(

BTW, about flood insurance: On the blurb for 20/20 tonight, one segment was said to be about people in NE who were denied flood insurance in the aftermath of Hurr Sandy. I wasn't clear on whether their claims from that storm weren't accepted, or whether they couldn't get ins after that. Dh was watching football, so I didn't watch it. Maybe kesa knows.

DH grabbed water on his way home, and he said it was the last they had. We were prepared for Matthew, and he skirted our shores, but we will wait and see what Irma does. I think Texas has scared ppl so I guess they're acting earlier...it's still a few days before we'll know for sure. Ppl are wondering where to even evacuate looking at some of the models. My fear in evacuating is getting back...we have family in GA, but not sure what we'll do yet.

I shopped this weekend - stocked up on paper goods, canned goods, water and batteries. And coffee. Truth be told - I've been here all my life and have been through many of these storms - and as long as I have coffee and toilet paper, I'm sitting pretty.
The kids do not necessarily agree with my philosophy. I got them chips and Vienna sausages. To them, that's a party.

DH and my in laws are food hoarders. We could live for 30 to 90 days with what is in the pantry already. I do not even think they would run out of water unless flood water overflowed the bath tubs.

And, I do not think flood waters penetrate those massive hurricane doors, but, I may be wrong. I think the stucco might seep water through.

I think the hurricane houses in Florida survive flooding a little better than Texas homes, right?

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat