Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

finding jeans

finding jeans

argh!!!! argh!!!! argh!!!!

Can you tell I'm irritated!?! lol

I am desperate, **desperate** for jeans - but I can't find any!

I do NOT want "stretch" material, plus it doesn't work on my body shape. They look A.W.F.U.L!!!

But NO one carries jeans that aren't! I even looked at l l bean. 8-O

I also do not want jeans that go clear up to my belly button. I have a ?short waist? (I think that's what it's called) so finding low to mid-rise would be great.

I'm down to one pair that really isn't that great and the "better" pair isn't much better other than fitting just a tad better. Both are too short, a touch too tight, and higher in the waist, but not too bad there.

It's so frustrating!

K

ETA that I also need a plus size, or at least sizing that goes up to about 20 or 22 (because it depends). :-P

This post was edited on Aug 31, 2017 02:02 PM

re: finding jeans

Jeans are such a pest, aren't they, something we need very much but (for us women, NOT men), something difficult to find in the right size. Oh, and overpriced to boot. I hear you!

Have you looked at LLBean, Lands End, Orvis, Old Navy, Levi's, or Wrangler? All of those tend to have a wide range of options as far as leg cut (slim, straight, bootcut, etc.) and waist (high, mid, low rise). But (other than ON and sometimes Wrangler) the prices aren't always reasonable. It is getting very hard to find 100% cotton, though I think I did find a very few at Wrangler's site one time.

(For Levi and Wrangler, I mean going to their own website, versus other places like Macy's or JCPenney, etc. that sell them.)

You might also find what you need from a western-wear site, like Duluth Women, Drysdale's, rods.com, etc.

try the Lee Riders for women. Several different styles. they are the only brand that fit me..in the butt and in the waist. I get them at Kohls and at Walmart (yes, Walmart).

Look at Deluth Trading Company they have rugged women's jeans, they cost an arm and a leg, especially the fire hose pants, but they should last.

Otherwise if you are not to curvy men's Levi's are still made tough.

There is a company in Montana that makes what you are looking for. I can't remember the name of it. I'll look around for the name.

If (the big if) you have a favorite pair with the tag still in them, you can search online with that item # to find same brand/style maybe in a bigger size.

Thanks for the ideas.

At Walmart, Kohl's, etc, I have only found the stretch material. Even the higher end stores haven't had non-stretch - at least here.

The couple I found available in my size at llbean and lands end were not really styles I care for, and I was willing - but they still had some spandex/elastic in them, so they would stretch. Yes, I was willing to pay 70 for a pair of jeans, IF.

I wish I knew how the wranglers or others would fit. The stores around here (western-y like Tractor Supply) which carries them, don't have my size. Go figure. Yes, I'm heavy, but not that heavy - and there are plenty of women up here who would need/use them.

If you think of any others, please let me know. I'll try to do some more research online for those mentioned tomorrow. TY!

K

I was surprised to find super soft but not stretchy stretchy jeans at Duluth for women. I was more surprised to find them in a 29 inch inseam!

You might try Style and Co made by Macys. They have various rises which allows a better chance to find a fit.

I've had great luck with the jeans Costco sells (Gloria Vanderbuilt). Even though Kohls sells the same brand they didn't fit the same.

Another option to look at is QVC. I read somewhere recently that if you look at the designer and find one that has a similar shape as you then try their clothes because they tend to design what fits them. A lot of people love their Denim & Co. brand. I've also heard the Belle (or something like that/she was a former Miss Georgia) jeans are getting rave reviews but I believe those are stretchy.

I'm trying to think of clothing lines made in the more classic of styles (think preppy) that might work. I can see two different ideas in my head but the names of them won't pop out. Ack! Senior moment!

I, too, am on the quest of the perfect jeans - my challenge in finding a 29 inseam versus the 28 for height challenged people.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat