Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Praying for our friends in TX (and other areas)

Please also pray for FEMA workers. A homeschooling , RV living friend's dh is a FEMA worker and they are down there.

She asked for prayers for all the FEMA workers arriving in Texas today. She asked for prayers for safety, lodging and their families left behind at home.
--------

Will do, Country Sister. We have friends in LA who live near Lake Charles, where there has been a LOT of rain (IIRC, it's only about an hour or so from Houston). We have talked to them and, thankfully, they are fine.

Michelle, so glad to know you and your family are out of harm's way. :)

Ellie, how much rain have y'all had now? I saw in the news today that the NWS has had to start using a new color for amounts of rainfall -- apparently, they didn't have a color for 38+ inches of rain (Houston area). Which is a mind-boggling amount. Is there an end in sight?

Never mind the 38" -- as of today, Houston has had 52 (at least) inches of rain. Here's a little bit of the report:

The biggest rainstorm in the history of the continental United States finally began to move away from Houston on Tuesday, as the remnants of Hurricane Harvey and its endless, merciless rain bands spun east to menace Louisiana instead.

After more than 50 inches of rain over four days, Houston was less of a city and more of an archipelago: a chain of urbanized islands in a muddy brown sea. All around it, flat-bottomed boats and helicopters were still plucking victims from rooftops, and water was still pouring in from overfilled reservoirs and swollen rivers.

Between 25 and 30 percent of Harris County — home to 4.5 million people in Houston and its near suburbs — was flooded by Tuesday afternoon.

re: Praying for our friends in TX (and other areas)

My heart goes out to my fellow Americans devastated by Harvey. :(

I've been praying and will continue to do so; I've read or heard a lot of comments to that effect, asking for prayer for strength.

I'm sorry for the children who will understandably feel insecure and unsafe after having to flee their homes -- and just when they should be starting school, too.

Just praying also that the Lord's presence and love is made known to many, and many turn to Jesus Christ for salvation.

I'm praying in agreement with you, M4J. I saw a video on TWC today, showing Lake Charles, LA, underwater. This is a massive weather system which is actually affecting our weather today and is forecast to do so for the next few days. Thankfully, all we're getting is rain.

There are tornado warnings out in LA and MS. I pray that everyone who sees this will pray for the safety of everyone in those places.

Eta: If anyone would like to donate, Samaritan's Purse is working with local churches in those areas to help those in distress.

This post was edited on Aug 30, 2017 01:45 PM

re: Praying for our friends in TX (and other areas)

I haven't read all the replies..but continued prayers for our Texas folks! Hoping that all is or will be well with you all!

fun@home

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat