Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Praying for our friends in TX (and other areas)

Praying for our friends here in TX (and other areas)

Hurricane Harvey seems to be getting stronger by the minute. We are praying here for everyone in its path, including Louisiana. Keep us posted if you can.

What a week this has been! Started out with a solar eclipse and now this hurricane.

This post was edited on Aug 25, 2017 03:51 PM

re: Praying for our friends in TX (and other areas)

We are supposed to get at least 2-3 inches of rain over the weekend (upper East Texas). My dh has been stressed at work because the company he works for has terminals in Corpus Christi and Port Aransas, right smack where it's to make landfall. Praying they won't be damaged.

mary, the coverage about Corpus Christi has brought you to mind; you must have mentioned it at some point in the past. I will pray for your husband's company locations. And most of all for the safety of everyone in the hurricane's path.

Eta: Ellie and Michelle are in TX too, right? Anyone else? It seems I'm leaving someone out.

This post was edited on Aug 25, 2017 03:53 PM

A Facebook friend is posting videos of what she sees out her back door. Scary stuff!

Here in Central Texas, some place are expecting upwards of 10 inches. !!!!! Towns downriver on the Colorado expect flooding. We have heavy rain right now.

I'm pretty safe as I don't live in a flood zone, as long as I pay attention when I'm driving (which I don't plan to do much of).

Ellie, that much rain that far inland? Wow. I hope you and everyone are able to stay off the roads. Still praying for everyone.

This post was edited on Aug 26, 2017 11:04 AM

We are in North Texas and just fine. I have family in Austin and Houston that we are praying for.
Michelle 32

Please also pray for FEMA workers. A homeschooling , RV living friend's dh is a FEMA worker and they are down there.

She asked for prayers for all the FEMA workers arriving in Texas today. She asked for prayers for safety, lodging and their families left behind at home.

She is in Louisiana and they are expecting 7 " of rain.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat