Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Antoher reasong to homeschool, CNN kids news being broadcast in our local schools!

re: Antoher reasong to homeschool, CNN kids news being broadcast in our local schools!

Lol, yes! It was those big movie projectors. That is when I learned how to sleep sitting up. If we nodded off, the teacher would come and slap the bag of our heads. Yes, those were the days. Public school, yet, the Bible was read every day along with The Pledge of Allegiance at the beginning of every day followed by roll call and taking up lunch money.

re: Antoher reasong to homeschool, CNN kids news being broadcast in our local schools!

Back in either November, December, or January a mother of three on my friends list posted to her timeline about news in school. Ive known this lady since she was a teen and she is now around 38 with a boy and two girls in public school. One of those three months, I forget which, she posted that the school has CNN running a lot of times in classrooms. However, the reason she was posting was because a class one of her children was in played Fox News. She didnt know how long it had been going on but she was livid! She said she and another were going to have quite a meeting emphatically declaring their upset. This (fake) biased news would be stopped or else. Then she declared that she does not have the news on often at home but has decided henceforth to run (pump) CNN news in her home on at least one TV at all times non-stop so her children can hear the news in truth - fair and honestly presented.

That is fascinating! Thank you for sharing that story.

We are just living in two completely different realities in this country aren't we...perception is everything!

Wow, how Orwellian, she's got her "telescreen" going all the time. No one and nothing deserves that - except God.

Huh. Very interesting times.

P/schools here have been showing movies for years -- at least 20 years. They've shown R-rated movies w/o apology even though the students could not have seen them at a theater because they were too young w/o parents having opportunity to opt them out. So I couldn't possibly be surprised if they were showing CNN kids here. :(

Lizbeth, you were very blessed not to see any Communist indoctrination until you were in college. It's bad enough that it's so strong there in public universities (and has been for decades), but at least those students are old enough to question what they are taught. Those who are strong in God's Word will discern the error. Hopefully they will resist the peer pressure (including profs) who exert strong pressure to accept it.

We have been watching CNN Student News (now called CNN 10) almost every school day for years. It is supposed to be a "balanced" report on world events. For the most part, I will say that is true. So if that is what the kids are watching, I don't think it's necessarily a problem. And for the record that is the ONLY thing on CNN that we ever watch.

I do find it humorous (ironic?) that they always announce that CNN 10 is "balanced" and "down the middle." Um isn't that what journalism is always supposed to be?? Kind of like they are admitting that the rest of the time, they are anything but balanced....

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat